The source of a call ?
Author Message
 The source of a call ?

Hallo!

Does anyone now how to catch the source of a call in VB 5.0. I want to now
the name of the object (sub) that call a sub in a another form. When you
debug you allways come back to the calling object (sub) for End Sub which
means that somewhere is this information stored. I have not find any
property or something that can give me this information.

Please help me.....

/Ulrika Carlsson

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 The source of a call ?
The reason you always come back to the calling sub is because the address of
the instruction that called the sub is pushed onto a stack.  You have no way
to access this information at runtime.

Sorry!

    - Paul

 >Hallo!
 >
 >Does anyone now how to catch the source of a call in VB 5.0. I want to now
 >the name of the object (sub) that call a sub in a another form. When you
 >debug you allways come back to the calling object (sub) for End Sub which
 >means that somewhere is this information stored. I have not find any
 >property or something that can give me this information.
 >
 >Please help me.....
 >
 >/Ulrika Carlsson

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. The source of a call ?

2. The source of a call ?

3. The source of a call ?

4. Where is best on line source of BIOS calls?

5. Calling function from report field control source

6. Looking for original source to an old Basic game called Hamurabbi

7. *** How to call a VC++4 DLL from VB4 (w/source eg:)

8. A call to Basic Source users

9. How to call Outlook express in VB source code

10. Call dll (writen with C lanuage) by VB [test source code]

11. MDIForm calling MDIchild from another source

12. Remove a function call without source code