How do I get an IE object property of an already running instance of IE?
Author Message
 How do I get an IE object property of an already running instance of IE?

Hi,

So far all the syntax I have tried creates a new instance of IE.  What
I want, is to get the LocationURL property from an already running
instance of IE.

Thanks

PeterR

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I get an IE object property of an already running instance of IE?
I think you need the GetObject function which unlike the CreateObject
function checks to see if there is an instance of an App running before
creating one.

Quote:
> Hi,

> So far all the syntax I have tried creates a new instance of IE.  What
> I want, is to get the LocationURL property from an already running
> instance of IE.

> Thanks

> PeterR

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating instance of already running IE

2. Running VB program compiled with IE 4 on machine running IE 5

3. Error 80010108 starting IE from VBScript with prior IE instances open

4. Launch IE or Grab IE Instance

5. Getting loaded page of IE instance

6. I.E. 3 ActiveX container extender properties

7. I.E. 3 ActiveX container extender properties

8. Newbie confused on Closing Open Instances of IE Objects

9. getting parent IE object from a wsc

10. Object returned from IE.Document - what properties?

11. How to debug objects running under IE

12. How to debug my objects running under IE