code similar to Qbasic INPUT and LINE INPUT keywords
Author Message
 code similar to Qbasic INPUT and LINE INPUT keywords

I need to get my program to stop for input to a variable like I can using
INPUT or LINE INPUT in Qbasic.  I want to input from my Text control. Most
of my programs involve elaborate loops.

Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 code similar to Qbasic INPUT and LINE INPUT keywords

You need to wrap your brain around the event-driven programming concept.
It's tough at first, but persevere.

Your program should probably be doing nothing _until_ you get input into
your Text control.  In fact, it probably shouldn't do anything much until
the user pushes a command button.  In the Text1_Change event, you can store
the user's input into a string variable, then in the Command1_Click event
you kick off whatever actions you want to happen.

The elaborate loops in a windows program are dictated by the user's
actions, not by your linearly-executing code.

Jim Deutch

Quote:
> I need to get my program to stop for input to a variable like I can using
> INPUT or LINE INPUT in Qbasic.  I want to input from my Text control.
Most
> of my programs involve elaborate loops.

Tue, 07 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Input# and Line Input#

2. **Need Help with User INPUT, ASCII Codes, INPUT String length

3. Using Line Input to go back a line

4. line input lines greater than 255 characters?

5. reading input line by line

6. vba line input not recognizing end of line

7. input for input (2)

8. Formatting date input in Input Box

9. Input vs Input$

10. Help: INPUT / INPUT # for gopher/UNIX files

11. API Call - Minimized App To Test Input of Mouse And Key Input

12. how to detect how long without any input since last input action