Need help about Error message Run-time 429
Author Message
 Need help about Error message Run-time 429

Hello the world

problem  : you do not have an appropriate license to use this
functionality
software : VB 4
windows  : 95

One of my customer experienced this error when the software starts.
i am using the control sstab from sheridan supplied with vb4 from
Microsoft.
Is there a possibility that i need a licence to use this custom control
?
it is the first time i heard about this problem, i sold many of this
software.
Is it possible this problem is related to the OCX file ???

Thanks a lot for your time

Normand Par
Longueuil, Qubec
Canada

Fri, 27 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help about Error message Run-time 429

Sounds a lot like a registry problem--you don't need a special license for
the sstab control. You can try using a couple of the registry cleaning
utilities (RegClean and RegFix) that have been referenced here and see if
they help your customer. A more steady/experienced registry hand than I can
probably tell you specifically where to look for the signs--I believe it's
in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID, but I wouldn't want you to go
mucking around in the registry on my cursory advice.

Quote:
> problem  : you do not have an appropriate license to use this
> functionality
> software : VB 4
> windows  : 95

> One of my customer experienced this error when the software starts.
> i am using the control sstab from sheridan supplied with vb4 from
> Microsoft.
> Is there a possibility that i need a licence to use this custom control
> ?
> it is the first time i heard about this problem, i sold many of this
> software.
> Is it possible this problem is related to the OCX file ???

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - VB4/16 run time error 429 - ole server can't create object

2. HELP: run-time error 429

3. Run Time Error 429 - DAO?

4. Run-Time Error 429

5. Run-time error 429 ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run-time error '429'

7. Run-time error 429

8. run-time error 429

9. Run Time Error 429