NEED HELP - WIN ID CODES
Author Message
 NEED HELP - WIN ID CODES

I am running a program in Win 3.1 that uses the following line:
        result = Shell ("c:\windows\monitor.exe")

        Note: Monitor.exe is a phony name for an existing .exe file.

Shell returns the unique task identification (ID) of the started
program.

Is there a way from Visual Basic to ask Windows 3.1 if that unique task
ID is still running? Or Minimized? Or Maximized?

Originally, I tried to write this task using C or C++, using:
        result = spawnl(P_WAIT, .......
but discovered spawn(X) does not work with Win 3.1.

Thank you if you can help!

David Douglass

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. WIN 2k API vs WIN 98/WIN NT API - Help needed

2. Help Please, Need Code for Restarting WIN 95 within VB4 Application

3. Need aid using Replication IDs in code

4. need help with help context IDs

5. help, help, help...I'm begging here :-\ RE RE POST simple code help needed

6. Urgent Help Needed - Common dialog error 28670 in win 95 - Help!,

7. HELP! Need Caller ID OCX

8. HELP: Machine-ID or/and HDD-ID

9. Replication Id in ASP - desperately need help

10. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

11. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

12. need help finding first available number in an ID field