Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control
Author Message
 Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control

I am using the Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control in a VB5 project and
have some questions that I would love to have answered. I am currently
using version 3.02 although am looking at upgrading to 4.? in the next
month.

How do I:
1. Get at HTML source code from my application
2. Stop downloading of files
3. Print WebPage at a location and size that I want
4. Get rid of navigation history list ready for a new user
5. Stop popup windows such as Authenticode update at MSN site

Thanks... Andy Sumner

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control

One method to obtain the HTML source code would be to use the Internet
Transfer control or even winsock control for that matter .
If you use the Inet control , you could get the source code by using
say ,
Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL "mypage.htm"
If you use Winsock , just connect at port 80 of the server (set remoteport
property first)  , set localport to 0 , and in the connect event , use
Winsock1.SendData "mypage.htm" &vbcrlf&vbcrlf
You'll get the text in the DataArrival event of Winsock .
In the DataArrival event :
Dim s as String
Winsock1.GetData s
Text1.Text = Text1.Text & s

Hope this helps .
Regards,
 Priya
 Trisoft Design
 E 30 Connaught Place
 New Delhi 110 001 - India
 Tel: 372 5407, 373 8651, 373 8653 Fax: 372 5407

 Internet:http://www.spindia.com/

Quote:
> I am using the Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control in a VB5 project and
> have some questions that I would love to have answered. I am currently
> using version 3.02 although am looking at upgrading to 4.? in the next
> month.

> How do I:
> 1. Get at HTML source code from my application
> 2. Stop downloading of files
> 3. Print WebPage at a location and size that I want
> 4. Get rid of navigation history list ready for a new user
> 5. Stop popup windows such as Authenticode update at MSN site

> Thanks... Andy Sumner

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control

Quote:
>One method to obtain the HTML source code would be to use the Internet
>Transfer control or even winsock control for that matter .
>If you use the Inet control , you could get the source code by using
>say , Text1.Text = Inet1.OpenURL "mypage.htm"

I was experimenting with this, the problem is with HTTPS pages the
browser control will display the page, but I can't figure how to get the
source code, the Internet Transfer control seems to just return a null
string.  This is annoying me as I want to frontend a number of useful
databases I access (e.g. Bank, Utility companies etc) and they are
all using SSL for protection....

Cheers, Daniel

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control

2. Internet Explorer WebBrowser Control

3. WebBrowser object / Internet Explorer object

4. New instance of Internet Explorer from webbrowser

5. Print control in Internet explorer controls / SHDOCVW.DLL ?

6. Controlling Internet Explorer Control

7. Print control in Internet explorer controls / SHDOCVW.DLL ?

8. Making a window explorer with a webbrowser control?

9. BLOCK Internet Explorer or Explorer

10. Internet Explorer as File Explorer

11. Does anybody know how to make the WebBrowser control show the Internet Explorer Internet Options Dialog?

12. Controlling the Internet Explorer