Please Help! VB4 stopped working in Chinese Win95
Author Message
 Please Help! VB4 stopped working in Chinese Win95

I have both the Chinese and English version of Windows 95 in my computer.
Most of the time, I use the English version, including when I write VB
program. The Chinese version is mainly for testing my programs which also
use Chinese characters.

I haven't touched my CWIN95 (Chinese version of Windows 95) for quite a
while. Yesterday, when I wanted to set up my program for testing in it, the
setup program produced by the SetupKit encounter an unexpected error even
before it showed its interface. I simply couldn't set up my program. The
same setup disks encounter the same problem on my sister's computer's
CWIN95.

Besides, I also installed VB4 on CWIN95 and to my horror, it also cannot
start. Everything used to work well. I don't understand why it goes wrong.
I didn't install anything to CWIN95 during this period.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help! VB4 stopped working in Chinese Win95

Sorry that your situation is not that clear that I can understand what's
going on, but just a question. Have you tried installing the Chinese VB
onto your Chinese Windows ?

Pigeon.

Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help! VB4 stopped working in Chinese Win95

Quote:

> I have both the Chinese and English version of Windows 95 in my computer.
> Most of the time, I use the English version, including when I write VB
> program. The Chinese version is mainly for testing my programs which also
> use Chinese characters.

> I haven't touched my CWIN95 (Chinese version of Windows 95) for quite a
> while. Yesterday, when I wanted to set up my program for testing in it, the
> setup program produced by the SetupKit encounter an unexpected error even
> before it showed its interface. I simply couldn't set up my program. The
> same setup disks encounter the same problem on my sister's computer's
> CWIN95.

> Besides, I also installed VB4 on CWIN95 and to my horror, it also cannot
> start. Everything used to work well. I don't understand why it goes wrong.
> I didn't install anything to CWIN95 during this period.

> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

> Thank you very much.

I had a similar problem installing an app on a machine that had older
versions of a dll with a setup disk created on my machine that had a
newer version of a dll.  The dll was OLEPRO32.DLL.  The new version was
version 5.  It needs another dll no included on the setup disks.  This
dll needs to be replaced with the old dll from the original vb4 disks.
I also had to put the old version in c:\program files\microsoft visual
basic\setupkit\kitfil32\sys32 folder so the next time I build setup
disks the old version is selected instead of the new version.  I found
the answer to this problem on the microsoft knowlegebase web site.

Hope this helps!

GaryZ

Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Help: Visual Basic stopped working in Chinese Windows95

2. Help: Query stops working when VB4 -> VB5

3. Help: Query stops working when VB4 -> VB5

4. GetUserName stopped working, please help!

5. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

6. Please Help - VB4 System Tray Icon - win95

7. VB4/Win95 prints on 2 pages what should be on 1;please help

8. Creating a new Picture Object, need help please (VB4, WIN95)

9. Please help on VB4 and Win95

10. Stopping a Win95 screensaver from VB4

11. PLEASE HELP ME GET VB4 WORKING ON MY COMPUTER

12. VB4-16bit Stopped Working