SHELL command and executing following code
Author Message
 SHELL command and executing following code

Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a SHELL
command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SHELL command and executing following code
Good question.  Most of the questions like this involve waiting
until the shelled program has finished.  If that is what you meant,
you can check out a few methods in the VBnet FAQ (click on 'shelling'):

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/faq/_acc/faqframe.htm

LFS

Quote:

> Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a SHELL
> command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SHELL command and executing following code
Richard,

A few months ago I wrote a tip-of-the-month called
ShellAndWaitWithTerminate. You can find it at www.buygold.net then click on
VBTips.

Cheers,
Larry Rebich

www.buygold.net

Quote:

>Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a SHELL
>command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SHELL command and executing following code
Actually, I do not want the Shelled process to terminate, I still want it
running I just want it to totally load into memory.  For example, I am
Shelling IE5 and Outlook Express, one right after another.  I do not want
Outlook Express to start loading until IE5 is completed loaded and is fully
visible on the screen which takes some time.   Thanks.

> >Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a
SHELL
> >command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

> Hi Richard,

>     The attached module has a procedure that will do this for you. You
call
> the procedure and pass it the command line you want to shell to. It will
not
> return until the Shelled process has completed.

> --
> Rob Bovey, MCSE
> The Payne Consulting Group
> http://www.payneconsulting.com
> * Post follow up questions to this newsgroup *
> * I do not respond to questions sent via e-mail *

> >Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a
SHELL
> >command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SHELL command and executing following code
Actually I meant something a little different.  See my other reply.  Thanks.

> Good question.  Most of the questions like this involve waiting
> until the shelled program has finished.  If that is what you meant,
> you can check out a few methods in the VBnet FAQ (click on 'shelling'):

> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/faq/_acc/faqframe.htm

> LFS

> > Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a
SHELL
> > command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SHELL command and executing following code
Actually I meant something a little different.  See my other reply.  Thanks.

> Richard,

> A few months ago I wrote a tip-of-the-month called
> ShellAndWaitWithTerminate. You can find it at www.buygold.net then click
on
> VBTips.

> Cheers,
> Larry Rebich

> www.buygold.net

> >Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a
SHELL
> >command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SHELL command and executing following code
Thanks Rob.  This works great for me.
Quote:

> >Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a SHELL
> >command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

> Hi Richard,

>     The attached module has a procedure that will do this for you. You call
> the procedure and pass it the command line you want to shell to. It will not
> return until the Shelled process has completed.

> --
> Rob Bovey, MCSE
> The Payne Consulting Group
> http://www.payneconsulting.com
> * Post follow up questions to this newsgroup *
> * I do not respond to questions sent via e-mail *

> >Is there a good way to halt the execution of any code after issuing a SHELL
> >command until the program shelled is completely loaded?  Thanks.

>                           Name: modShellAndWait.bas
>    modShellAndWait.bas    Type: Visual Basic Module (application/x-unknown-content-type-VisualBasic.Module)
>                       Encoding: x-uuencode

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Executing a shell command, waiting for it to finish, getting its return code

2. Executing a shell command, waiting for it to finish, getting its return code

3. How to send the following shell command

4. Shell - Wait for shelled app to load then execute next line of code

5. Problem executing DOS command using Shell function

6. Executing UNIX shell commands from within a VB6 program

7. Executing a UNIX shell command from within a VB6 program

8. How can I execute dosh shell commands from a visual basic program

9. Executing a Shell / or Command from Internet Explorer

10. Shell execute with command line parameters

11. Problem Executing Shell command from Win2000

12. Executing Shell command