Cause of error (error 6 overflow) in Windows 2000
Author Message
 Cause of error (error 6 overflow) in Windows 2000

Hi,

I'd be grateful if anyone can give some clues regarding the following
problem.

I have developed a simple screensaver in VB:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Basically, it shows an image of the moon on screen and applies shading to
animate the moon phases. The user details are stored in the registry
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software) and there are quite a few API calls. The
screensaver control is based on the code at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

The programme works fine in Windows 95, 98, and ME.

However, I have received complaints to say that it crashes in Windows 2000
with the error "run time error 6 overflow".

Could anyone please tell me, what could be causing a programme to work
properly in 95/98/ME but fail in Windows 2000?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:11:35 GMT

1. Word 2000 from within VB: Windows 2000: error, Windows ME: ok

2. Mouse events causing overflow error?

3. PEGetWindowHandle Cause a Overflow error ?

4. Error 6 Overflow in Windows NT

5. GetModuleUsage overflow error in Windows 95

6. VB6: Overflow Error with GetModuleFileName() on Windows Vista

7. Error handling / Arithmetic overflow error

8. Overflow error, error number 6, in VB6 using Crystal Reports 7

9. Access97 error on Windows 2000 Professional

10. Compact stmt error access97 in windows 2000

11. Error 75 on Windows 2000

12. error installing software developed using VB6 onto a Windows 2000 system