VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll
Author Message
 VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

Probably what's missing is that the __stdcall convention "decorates" the
routine name by prefixing an underscore and suffixing the number of bytes
in the function's argument list.  A function named "multiply" that takes

You can simply add this as an Alias in your Declare for the function, or
you can export the function from the DLL using a .DEF file, which makes the
undecorated name the public name.

        -- Jim

Quote:

> Trying to create (for learning and testing) a simple dll that contains a
> single function to multiply the passed paremeter and return it.

> When the function is called, VB5 reports an error:  Can't find DLL entry
> point in test.dll

> Ok... what am I missing?

Mon, 20 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

consider the following example function prototype (VC4.2)

STDAPI_(BOOL) IsInterfaceSupported(LPUNKNOWN punkThisObject, char*
szInterfaceIID)

The problem is the Pascal calling convention and name decoration.
You need to use an alias in your def file like so:

EXPORTS

 The
eight was computed because both arguments to the sample function are 32bit
(ie, 4 byte)
values.  If you added a third interface pointer as a parameter (another
32bit value), you

Hope this helps,
Peter Cousins
NT/COM Consultant

Quote:
> Trying to create (for learning and testing) a simple dll that contains a
> single function to multiply the passed paremeter and return it.

> When the function is called, VB5 reports an error:  Can't find DLL entry
> point in test.dll

> Ok... what am I missing?

Tue, 21 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

2. VB5 DLL function / Can't find DLL entry point

3. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

4. dll creation problem: can't find dll entry point

5. Can't find DLL entry point OpenEventLog in advapi32.dll

6. Can't find DLL entry point NetGetDCName in netapi32.dll

7. Can't find DLL entry point NetRemoteTOD in NETAPI32.DLL

8. Help...VB5 can't find an Entry Point to my C++ DLL

9. Can't find entry point in dll, Run time error 453

10. Error Can't find DLL Entry Point InternetGetConnectedStateExA

11. Can't find DLL Entry Point Error

12. VB can't find entry point in VC++ DLL