HowTo make Dropdown combo invisible???
Author Message
 HowTo make Dropdown combo invisible???

If i understand you right then .......

For i = 0 To Combo1.ListCount - 1
    If Combo1.List(i) = "YourTextEntry" Then
        Combo1.ListIndex = i
        Exit For
    End If
Next i

Quote:
>I use the sendmessage API to dropdown a combo, then set the text property
>and then retract the combo again. It seems that this is the only way to use
>text to set the combo to the right Listindex? Or does anyone know another
>way to set the listindex to the combox entry which matches a text entry?
>Setting the List(index) property doesn't do the trick I believe.

>Thanks
>--
>Berthil van Beek

> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HowTo make Dropdown combo invisible???
I use the sendmessage API to dropdown a combo, then set the text property
and then retract the combo again. It seems that this is the only way to use
text to set the combo to the right Listindex? Or does anyone know another
way to set the listindex to the combox entry which matches a text entry?
Setting the List(index) property doesn't do the trick I believe.

Thanks
--
Berthil van Beek

http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/lab/2355
http://software.freepage.de/iconbook

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HowTo make Dropdown combo invisible???
See http://home.earthlink.net/~butlerbob/vb/controls/findlb.htm
The article discusses (with examples) both finding the entry and setting the
listindex using API calls.
HTH
John

Quote:
>I use the sendmessage API to dropdown a combo, then set the text property
>and then retract the combo again. It seems that this is the only way to use
>text to set the combo to the right Listindex? Or does anyone know another
>way to set the listindex to the combox entry which matches a text entry?
>Setting the List(index) property doesn't do the trick I believe.

>Thanks
>--
>Berthil van Beek

>http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/lab/2355
>http://software.freepage.de/iconbook

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HowTo make Dropdown combo invisible???

2. Making the Form invisible but making the controls seen

3. dropdown combo, multi column (like access..combo)

4. dropdown combo, multi column (like access..combo)

5. Making a control invisible depending on calculated value in Access'97

6. Making calendar invisible

7. making toolbars invisible !

8. Making a Control invisible !

9. Making a Control invisible !

10. Making a Non-UI (or Invisible at runtime) control

11. making a container contol invisible..

12. Help!!! Making cursor invisible