need some direction on how to create a help file
Author Message
 need some direction on how to create a help file

I am trying to find out how to create a help file for my Vb5 app.  I don't know
where to start, so any (and all) advice you can give me will be greatly
appreciated.

I have a program called Doc-To-Help by a company called Wextech that is an
addon for MS Word 97, but I don't know if the help file I create will be
compatible with VB5. Thank you.

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 need some direction on how to create a help file
Troy,
    First you'll need to install the Help Compiler Workshop.  It should be
on your VB disc, also available for free from Microsoft.  You can start
creating help files right away if you have Word or another program that can
generate RTF files.  But it's a royal pain in the *ss to do it this way
(very cryptic).  There are many programs out there that make it fairly easy.
I'm using a shareware program call Help Source (which was written in VB5).
Do a search on the web for "help authoring" and you'll come up with sites
that will have either information or programs to help with creating help
files.

Good luck,
Dave

Quote:

>I am trying to find out how to create a help file for my Vb5 app.  I don't
know
>where to start, so any (and all) advice you can give me will be greatly
>appreciated.

>I have a program called Doc-To-Help by a company called Wextech that is an
>addon for MS Word 97, but I don't know if the help file I create will be
>compatible with VB5. Thank you.

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Text file to Access table need direction

2. Need help on direction to start looking

3. Help - Need database product direction

4. Help needed on Creating Help File

5. Help Needed; Creating CAB Files

6. Need help creating file type associations

7. URGENT HELP NEEDED WITH FILE.OBJECT AND CREATE.DIRECTORY

8. Need help creating printout file to email

9. Simple directions for creating Setup Project?

10. Need a direction to head...

11. Experienced Programmer needs quick shove in the right direction

12. Remote Management - Direction Needed