Retrieving values
Author Message
 Retrieving values

I am trying to figure out how I can retrieve the value of a ComboBox and
the value from a text box. Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

thanks,

Aaron

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 05:12:05 GMT
 Retrieving values
I think I got this figured out. I am now using ComboBox.Text TextBox.Text to
get the values. Now I have one other problem. In the ComboBox I want one
value for what the code uses and another value for what is displayed to the
user. I know that in html I could set the 'value' attribute of a option tag
and then set what the users sees as another value. Is there anyway to do
this in VB Combo Boxes?

Aaron

Quote:

> I am trying to figure out how I can retrieve the value of a ComboBox and
> the value from a text box. Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

> thanks,

> Aaron

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 06:13:00 GMT
 Retrieving values

Quote:
> In the ComboBox I want one value for what the code
> uses and another value for what is displayed to the
> user. I know that in html I could set the 'value' attribute
> of a option tag and then set what the users sees as
> another value.
> Is there anyway to do this in VB Combo Boxes?

Not entirely.  You can use the ItemData list in conjunction with Tag
(or a form variable) to keep track of this.  If your combo is not a
drop-down listbox, you'll have to be able to resolve an ItemData
value from a lookup on the textual ListItems.

This is not a problem, if the text of your list items can be guaranteed
to be unique.  As the length of your list grows, you'll have to balance
performance with the frequency of lookups.

Perhaps its sophistry to dismiss this, but I've found that a lists of
thousands of items becomes unwieldyto the user before it bogs down.

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:35:15 GMT

1. => Retrieve value in Module

2. I'm newbie:retrieve value from a table in VBA

3. Retrieve value from Excel into Access

4. Retrieving Values from an Access Database

5. retrieving values from listview with button control

6. Unable to retrieve value from the registry

7. DataGrid-Retrieving values from OnUpdateCommand

8. Retrieving values from a listbox array

9. FRAME REFERENCEING IN VBSCRIPT, save off and retrieve value

10. Retrieving Values from array Elements

11. Retrieving Values from array elements

12. Retrieving Values From Dynamic Arrays