Animation during disk write loop
Author Message
 Animation during disk write loop

'Animation during disk write loop'

I have a loop in my application that converts a file 1 character at a time.
I would like to display an avi file (such as the one in the Windows Explorer
file-copy dialog) while this is happening.

However, when I display the dialog, first of all, I need to do a 'Refresh'
on the form so it even displays the first frame of the avi, then my loop
goes off and reads/writes to the files essentially locking up the system
until it is done.  The files that I am converting are 100+ megs.

I have tried placing a refresh on the form within this loop to occur every
so often, but the avi never advances to the next frame.

If anyone has any samples, or suggestions, please comment.

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Animation during disk write loop

Tony,
  At the risk of being too simplistic, have you tried a "DoEvents" in the
routine that copies the file?
                    Dave
                       http://www.erols.com/dparsons

Quote:

>'Animation during disk write loop'

>I have a loop in my application that converts a file 1 character at a time.
>I would like to display an avi file (such as the one in the Windows
Explorer
>file-copy dialog) while this is happening.

>However, when I display the dialog, first of all, I need to do a 'Refresh'
>on the form so it even displays the first frame of the avi, then my loop
>goes off and reads/writes to the files essentially locking up the system
>until it is done.  The files that I am converting are 100+ megs.

>I have tried placing a refresh on the form within this loop to occur every
>so often, but the avi never advances to the next frame.

>If anyone has any samples, or suggestions, please comment.

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Animation during disk write loop

2. Animation during disk write loop

3. DLL to write and read on Disk by disk-address

4. Cancelling file writing process during long writes

5. writing to disk - no lazy writing.

6. Which control that shows animation during file copying?

7. Reducing flicker during animation - suggestions?

8. Image Animation/Looping

9. HELP!!! Distribution disks provoke error during install process

10. Error During Setup with VB4 (16 bits) distribution disk

11. runtime error 3040 Disk I/O error during read

12. Enabling the user to cancel during a loop?