Automate File Opening
Author Message
 Automate File Opening

  Using VB6

  The "Shell" statement will launch an explicit application, e.g.

     Shell(ApplicationFile/pathname Datapath/filename, n)

  Will execute the application (and load the datafile).

  It appears to open a "DOS" box and pass the string to the command
  line.

  What I'm looking for is a VB6 command/function to open the
  datafile as if it had been double-clicked on, i.e. it calls
  automatically the application that the registry says should open
  the datafile.

  Fred Holmes

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Automate File Opening

You need to use the ShellExecute function. Details are in the help file and the declaration is in the API Viewer.
--

Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd

    What I'm looking for is a VB6 command/function to open the
    datafile as if it had been double-clicked on, i.e. it calls
    automatically the application that the registry says should open
    the datafile.

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automated File Open and Read

2. Need to automate opening .pst file

3. automate powerpoint: can't open file

4. Opening a File Open window for file selection in VBA

5. Getting open file name w/o opening file

6. opening / saving files with MS rich text box control (viewing open files)

7. Saving open file and opening new file at a specified time of day

8. automate opening Word

9. How do I automate outlook to open a public folder

10. Automate to open others mailboxes

11. how to automate loading custom control every time VB opens

12. On-demand Subreport--Want to automate opening ODS from user clicking tree view node