please help me
Author Message
 please help me

I am trying to use the keypress event to determine when the enter key has
been press to move the focus to another control. I have been successful at
doing this but the problem is - when i press enter, the focus moves to the
control on the form i want but i get a beep from my internal pc speaker.
can anyone help me on stopping this beep.

My code goes something like this

Private Sub Contol_KeyPress(KeyAscii as Integer)
    if KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn then
        set the focus to the required control
    End If
End Sub

Any offers for my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Michael

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 please help me
check out http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb they had some code to do
exactly what you
wanted!
Quote:

>I am trying to use the keypress event to determine when the enter key has
>been press to move the focus to another control. I have been successful at
>doing this but the problem is - when i press enter, the focus moves to the
>control on the form i want but i get a beep from my internal pc speaker.
>can anyone help me on stopping this beep.

>My code goes something like this

>Private Sub Contol_KeyPress(KeyAscii as Integer)
>    if KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn then
>        set the focus to the required control
>    End If
>End Sub

>Any offers for my problem would be greatly appreciated.

>Kind Regards Michael

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 please help me
You can set the KeyAscii = 0 and the beep is gone.

Cheers
Ole

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 please help me
Add the following line to the event: ( see code ;-)
Quote:

>I am trying to use the keypress event to determine when the enter key has
>been press to move the focus to another control. I have been successful at
>doing this but the problem is - when i press enter, the focus moves to the
>control on the form i want but i get a beep from my internal pc speaker.
>can anyone help me on stopping this beep.

>My code goes something like this

>Private Sub Contol_KeyPress(KeyAscii as Integer)
>    if KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn then
>        set the focus to the required control

    KeyAscii =0  ' (zero)

Quote:
>    End If
>End Sub

>Any offers for my problem would be greatly appreciated.

>Kind Regards Michael

Regards, Asbjoern.
Asbjoern Aamot [Microsoft.MVP-VB]
P.b. 562 N-6901 Floroe , NORWAY
http://www.vestdata.no/~asea/asbj.htm See also
http://www.mvps.org  and
http://www.vestdata.no/~asea/links.htm links to
VB - related sites. Much good sites.

WARNING: I do normally not answer VB-related Q
 recieved by email !So IF You wish for an answer,
PLS send Q to microsoft.public.vb.(related topic)
My opinions do not necessarily represent
the expression of official Microsoft policy.
I volunteer my time through the MVP program.
I am not employed by Microsoft.

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

3. Please Help...Crystal Reports..Please Help

4. PLEASE HELP... PLEASE HELP... PLEASE HELP...

5. Please Please PLEASE HELP!!!!!

6. Please please please, help me :-)

7. Please, please, please help!!

8. Cloning problem -- please please please help

9. Please, please, please, help!

10. DATAbase Printing PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

11. DATAbase Printing - PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

12. Please, Please, Please,Help craxdrt.dll