Is there a tool for modifying an OCX's resources ?
Author Message
 Is there a tool for modifying an OCX's resources ?

Hi,
I would like to know if there is 32 bits version of the Borland Resource
Workshop, which allows to 'open' an OCX and modify its strings table, menu
and graphics ?

Or if you know another 32 bits tools which do the same, please tell me.

Att : I'm not  talking about simple resource-grabber. I must be abble to
translate strings and modify  graphics into an ocx.

Thanxs.
Stephane.

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a tool for modifying an OCX's resources ?
I'm curious...

What legitimate reason do you have to want to alter OCX's and their string &
graphic tables in products which you apparently don't have access to source
code?

As a developer who creates products for distribution, I am concerned that
you may alter elements of products (such as the common controls) which I
depend on being in "mint condition".  How do you know that I don't trap
things such as text strings being returned by OCXs as part of my logic?

Al Meadows

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a tool for modifying an OCX's resources ?

Quote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know if there is 32 bits version of the Borland Resource
> Workshop, which allows to 'open' an OCX and modify its strings table, menu
> and graphics ?

> Or if you know another 32 bits tools which do the same, please tell me.

> Att : I'm not  talking about simple resource-grabber. I must be abble to
> translate strings and modify  graphics into an ocx.

> Thanxs.
> Stephane.

Je crois que les OCX sont en fait des fichiers EXE. J'ai essay d'ouvrir
des ocx avec Resource Workshop, et ?a marche...

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a tool for modifying an OCX's resources ?
thanks pal!
Quote:

>> Hi,
>> I would like to know if there is 32 bits version of the Borland Resource
>> Workshop, which allows to 'open' an OCX and modify its strings table,
menu
>> and graphics ?

>> Or if you know another 32 bits tools which do the same, please tell me.

>> Att : I'm not  talking about simple resource-grabber. I must be abble to
>> translate strings and modify  graphics into an ocx.

>> Thanxs.
>> Stephane.

>Je crois que les OCX sont en fait des fichiers EXE. J'ai essay d'ouvrir
>des ocx avec Resource Workshop, et ?a marche...

Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Is there a tool for modifying an OCX's resources ?

2. Is there a tool for modifying an OCX's resources ?

3. OCX's Resource Usage between Windows 98 and ME.

4. Am I using the right tool?

5. Assigning a resource to a task - I am stumped

6. wanted: public domain tool to modify btrieve *.ddf

7. VB + databases: I am looking for resources, ie: reference books

8. Any small tool to modify the lay out of .rpt file

9. Programmatically modify a resource file...

10. MSGraph8 Modifying 'Link To Source' property

11. Changing 'Modified' date of e-mails

12. intercept and modify 'Insert Caption'