Help in FAXing
Author Message
 Help in FAXing

Hi,

I am trying to integrate FAX capability into one of my VB programs.  How
can I do that.  I can print to the Microsoft FAX printer and that brings
up the FAX wizard.  Is there any way I can pre-fill the fax number,
etc.?

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help in FAXing

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am trying to integrate FAX capability into one of my VB programs.  How
>can I do that.  I can print to the Microsoft FAX printer and that brings
>up the FAX wizard.  Is there any way I can pre-fill the fax number,
>etc.?

Ill go one further...where can one find info on the fax protocols, as Id
like to write a fax control

Fri, 23 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help in FAXing
I've used WinFax to do faxing before.

WinFax uses DDE to set the phone number and header message before you print
to it. Very easy to use.

Not sure how you would do it with MS Fax.

Thanks,

Andy H

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am trying to integrate FAX capability into one of my VB programs.  How
>can I do that.  I can print to the Microsoft FAX printer and that brings
>up the FAX wizard.  Is there any way I can pre-fill the fax number,
>etc.?

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help in FAXing
Vitus...

Quote:
>I am trying to integrate FAX capability into one of my VB programs.  How
>can I do that.

I recently did a project that required fax capability, and was very
satisfied with Symantec's WinFax Pro. You can use Visual Basic to create a
WinFax object, specify a number to send to, and add as many pages as you
like. WinFax will handle the sending. You can also download the WinFax SDK
from Symantec's Web site, which has several VB examples.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Visual Basic Thunder 3.0

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help in FAXing
One thing I've done is do a mailmerge to Word; one of the attributes
of the mailmerge object lets you merge to a fax, and you can fill in
things likethe fax phone number ("address"), etc.

--woody

C. Woody Butler

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am trying to integrate FAX capability into one of my VB programs.  How
>can I do that.  I can print to the Microsoft FAX printer and that brings
>up the FAX wizard.  Is there any way I can pre-fill the fax number,
>etc.?

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help in FAXing
If you want to use the MS Fax to integrate into your VB Programm you shoul
use Subclassing.
I try this with Win NT - SBS FAX and it works fine.
If you like to have an example mail me

Bye
Thorsten

Quote:
>Hi,

>I am trying to integrate FAX capability into one of my VB programs.  How
>can I do that.  I can print to the Microsoft FAX printer and that brings
>up the FAX wizard.  Is there any way I can pre-fill the fax number,
>etc.?

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help in FAXing
I hope this helps:

Hello

Here is a solution; and even some source code:-)

If you want to use ElectraSoft's fax API to send directly from your
own program, read page 3 of the ElectraSoft Manual to learn how to
send a fax directly from your program by passing it the name and fax
number. This Manual is included with ElectraSoft's fax software.  Read
page 61 to learn how to send a fax to a list of fax numbers.

You can also print directly to ElectraSofts [Convert to Fax].

If you can print, you can fax.

All the Fax Machines in the world are your printers with ElectraSofts
fax programs.
-------
Code example:
TOP:
 o Put the SEND2FAX.DEL file
 o Print document to: ElectraSofts Convert to Fax
 o Wait for SEND2FAX.DEL to disappear
 o If done EXIT else back to TOP
EXIT:
======================================VB

Subject: VB Code to batch send faxes
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:58:06 -0600

Thanks for your help. I hope this will be of interest to you or your
customers.

Michael Walter

(507) 454-3830

"Nenio superas similia troajxo"

 Case "Newfax"
        'Send Faxes to Customers
        'Assumes that 32BF Convert to Fax is already selected
        'as the default printer
        frmProduction.lblmessage.Caption = "Converting and sending Fax
Files..."
        frmProduction.lblmessage.Refresh
        Dim myfile As String
        Dim printline As String
        Dim SRCFILE As String
        Dim DESFILE As String
        Dim MYCHAR As String * 1
        For x = 1 To 50
            SRCFILE = "Z:\FAXES\FAX" & x & ".TMP"
            myfile = Dir(SRCFILE)
            If myfile <> "" Then
                'found a fax so copy correct DEL file
                FileCopy "Z:\BatchFiles\FaxBatch" & x & ".txt",
"C:\32BITFAX\SEND2FAX.DEL"
                'NOW CONVERT TO FAX FORMAT
                Open SRCFILE For Input As #1
                Do While Not EOF(1)
                    MYCHAR = Input(1, #1)
                    If MYCHAR <> Chr(13) And MYCHAR <> Chr(10) Then
                        printline = printline & MYCHAR
                    Else
                        If printline <> "" Then 'because of chr(13)
and chr(10)
                                                'code above, we will
be printing
                                                'a blank line. In
effect double spacing.
                                                'This will prevent
that.
                            Printer.Print printline
                        End If
                        printline = ""
                    End If
                Loop
                Close #1
                Printer.EndDoc
                Do
                DESFILE = Dir("C:\32BITFAX\SEND2FAX.DEL")
                '    'MUST KEEP LOOPING UNTIL THE SENDFAX
                '    'FILE HAS BEEN DELETED
                   If DESFILE <> "" Then
                    Else
                        Exit Do
                    End If
                Loop
            End If
        Next x
        frmProduction.lblmessage.Caption = ""
        frmProduction.lblmessage.Refresh

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am trying to integrate FAX capability into one of my VB programs.  How
>can I do that.  I can print to the Microsoft FAX printer and that brings
>up the FAX wizard.  Is there any way I can pre-fill the fax number,
>etc.?

         Kind Regards,
         Bill Krahmer, ElectraSoft

 Get newest version of [FaxMail for Windows], [FaxMail Network for Windows]
 or [32bit Fax], free trial: http://www.ElectraSoft.com/
 To read what users are saying about ElectraSoft's fax software, go to
 http://www.ElectraSoft.com/10GoodReasons/

Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with Fax Link

2. Help with faxing through FAXCOMEXLib

3. Need help for fax function

4. Help on Faxing one app's output based on an Access table

5. Need help for fax function

6. Need help for Fax

7. Help with faxing

8. Help with FAX/MODEM