Opening Files with their Default Viewers
Author Message
 Opening Files with their Default Viewers

Is there a Visual Basic function or Windows API call that will allow me
to open a given file with its default viewing application.  For
instance, if I were to pass the name and path of a Microsoft Word
document, it would open Microsoft Word and display the document.  In
other words, the function would behave as if the given file had been
double clicked on by the user.  I'm using Visual Basic 6.0 and Windows
NT 4.

Thanks,

Matthew J. Ricciardi
MicroServices

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opening .tiff images in windows default viewer

2. Opening a Web Page using default viewer...

4. opening a file with the default app for that file type

5. Changing/restoring the Open File default directory

6. opening a file with default app

7. How to open file in default browser

8. Open file with default application

9. visual basic default Project Opening File Location

10. Open file in Internet Explorer, not just the default browser

11. Opening MP3 file with default player

12. default file opening