variable declaration of an object
Author Message
 variable declaration of an object

Currently I am using Crystal 6.0 with the baja add-on to create new
reports that are integrated into an application. However I would like to
avoid making a form for each report and would like to avoid hard coding
object declarations to set the objects source such as the following
which will work:

NOTE:    rptnum1 and rptnum2 are designer objects created by baja

public gReport as object

sub setobject()
dim lstr as string
.....code to set string value
select case lstr
case "rptnum1"
    set gReport = new rptnum1
case "rptnum2"
    set gReport = new rptnum2
end select
end sub
what I would like to do would be the equivalent of doing the following
(which will not work)

sub setobject()
dim lstr as string
.....code to set string value
    set gReport = new "rptnum1"
                or
    set gReport = new lstr
end sub

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 variable declaration of an object

What is the Baja add on??  Based on your brief statement, I would like to
know where I can get more information on this..  Thanks....
--
Todd W. Butson
State of Wisconsin - DHFS/BIS

Quote:
> Currently I am using Crystal 6.0 with the baja add-on to create new
> reports that are integrated into an application. However I would like to
> avoid making a form for each report and would like to avoid hard coding
> object declarations to set the objects source such as the following
> which will work:

> NOTE:    rptnum1 and rptnum2 are designer objects created by baja

> public gReport as object

> sub setobject()
> dim lstr as string
> .....code to set string value
> select case lstr
> case "rptnum1"
>     set gReport = new rptnum1
> case "rptnum2"
>     set gReport = new rptnum2
> end select
> end sub
> what I would like to do would be the equivalent of doing the following
> (which will not work)

> sub setobject()
> dim lstr as string
> .....code to set string value
>     set gReport = new "rptnum1"
>                 or
>     set gReport = new lstr
> end sub

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to get the Declaration Name of a Object/Variable

2. Help needed for a Public declaration of a DataSet object variable

3. DataBase variable Declaration error

4. VBA - Oblect Variable Declaration

5. Variable declaration

6. declaration and definition of a variable

7. Aligning variable declarations

8. Optimizing for speed (variable declaration)

9. Problem with global variable declaration

10. Variable declaration...use of $

11. Variable declarations (newbie)