VB5 - Crystal Reports 4.6
Author Message
 VB5 - Crystal Reports 4.6

Is there a way to install crystal32.ocx (version 4.6) so that it is not
overwritten by
newer versions of the same control? Our application consists of 350 .exe's
It is currently VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6. We are using the
SetupKit/SetupWiz The crystyl32.ocx is being copied to the Windows\System
directory and is then Shelled to the regsrv32.ocx as part of the
"customized" setup. We're getting enough customer support calls about this
ocx getting overwritten by a newer version of this ocx by third party
installations and then our application's reporting will not work. Any
suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
:o/
Steve

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 - Crystal Reports 4.6
Hi Steve,
have you already thought of  installing the version of the Crystal Report -
ocx (and all dependent components) in the application-path and restricting
the use of this control to your application. In the setup-wizard change
$(WinSysPath) to $(AppPath) and uncheck the "common use" checkbox.
--
CU  Ronald
-> Life would be easier if we had the source code.

> Is there a way to install crystal32.ocx (version 4.6) so that it is not
> overwritten by
> newer versions of the same control? Our application consists of 350 .exe's
> It is currently VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6. We are using the
> SetupKit/SetupWiz The crystyl32.ocx is being copied to the Windows\System
> directory and is then Shelled to the regsrv32.ocx as part of the
> "customized" setup. We're getting enough customer support calls about this
> ocx getting overwritten by a newer version of this ocx by third party
> installations and then our application's reporting will not work. Any
> suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
> :o/
> Steve

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 Crystal Report 4.6 Problem.

2. Crystal Reports 4.6 / VB5 Tables in Report

3. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0

4. VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6.

5. VB5 and Crystal Reports 4.6.

6. VB5 & Crystal reports 4.6

7. Crystal Reports 4.6 and VB5

8. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6

9. Crystal Report 4.6 and Sub report

10. VB5 and crystal 4.6 Action 1 equal 0.

11. VB5 and crystal 4.6 Action 1 equal 0.

12. Runtime requirements for crystal 4.6 & VB5