How to create a report in CR
Author Message
 How to create a report in CR

I need to print a form from within my VB app, and currently I used alot of
Printer.Print statements.  This produces different results on every printer..
I have two questions I need answered, if someone can help.

1) I have scanned in the form I need printed.  Is there anyway in Crystal (I am
using VB5 Pro) that I can easily use the scanned form to create the report?  I
would like to try and avoid having to create a report from scratch, which I
don't know if its possible.

2) I noticed that when you do start to create a report, it asks for the
database file.  My program does specialized payroll reports that need to be
done every 4 weeks (every other pay period).  I therefore make a new "database"
file every 4 weeks, each with a different name, of course.  How do I set this
up in Crystal then?  Do I just start with a table created in Access with all
the fields I need and use that as a template for creating the report?  Can I
specify which file I get the data from when printing a report?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to create a report in CR
Troy,

It asks for the Database so as to be able to provide you with a field list
in order to "DRAW" your report.

You can set the database name and any "SelectionFormula" criteria at
run-time.

--
Steve Butler
IS Development Analyst

Quote:

>I need to print a form from within my VB app, and currently I used alot of
>Printer.Print statements.  This produces different results on every
printer..
>I have two questions I need answered, if someone can help.

>1) I have scanned in the form I need printed.  Is there anyway in Crystal
(I am
>using VB5 Pro) that I can easily use the scanned form to create the report?
>would like to try and avoid having to create a report from scratch, which I
>don't know if its possible.

>2) I noticed that when you do start to create a report, it asks for the
>database file.  My program does specialized payroll reports that need to be
>done every 4 weeks (every other pay period).  I therefore make a new
"database"
>file every 4 weeks, each with a different name, of course.  How do I set
this
>up in Crystal then?  Do I just start with a table created in Access with
all
>the fields I need and use that as a template for creating the report?  Can
>specify which file I get the data from when printing a report?

>Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to create a report in CR

2. CR 6.0 Report upgraded to CR 7.0 report has formatting issues

3. Create name anchors for CR reports

4. Create CR-reports and import in Acces?

5. cr.net - create report in my application

6. Creating report with CR 6.0

7. Upgraded CR 6.0 Report to CR 7.0 got formatting issues

8. Troble with creating CR using VB6 after create tables

9. Trouble with creating CR with Access after creating tables

10. CR 8.5 - Switching from portrait in a report to landscape in a sub-report

11. convert a data report or a CR report to a image file

12. CR 5 and report in report