Using Visual Basic to create and send email using Outlook
Author Message
 Using Visual Basic to create and send email using Outlook

I am working on a project which uses CGI programs written in VB to send
email to users and administrators using
Novell GroupWise.  Outlook is reaplcing Groupwise and I want to know if
VB can be used to create and send email using
Outlook?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael Johnson

Sun, 26 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Visual Basic to create and send email using Outlook

Quote:

> <snip>
> VB can be used to create and send email using
> Outlook?  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Michael,

I've posted this before, but here it is anyway:

' Here's some code we use to send messages using MAPI calls:

' Add a MAPISession and a MAPIMessage control to your form.
' Then execute something like this to send a message

     With Me ' or the form that holds the MAPI controls
        .MAPISession.UserName = WhatEverYourMailAccountIs
        .MAPISession.PassWord = CorrespondingPasswordInOutlook
        .MAPISession.SignOn
        .MAPIMessages.SessionID = .MAPISession.SessionID:
        .MAPIMessages.Compose
        .MAPIMessages.MsgNoteText = "Hi Gandalf," & VbCrLf & "How are
you?"
        .MAPIMessages.MsgSubject = "Lord of the Rings"

        .MAPIMessages.MsgReceiptRequested = True
        .MAPIMessages.ResolveName
        .MAPIMessages.Send
        .MAPISession.SignOff
      End With

--

  Thoralf

  My reply-address is made-up to avoid junk-mail, please use the address
above!

Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sending Email from Excel using visual basic

2. Visual Basic - Send email NOT using MSWinsock...

3. Sending Email using Visual Basic 5

4. Sending Email using Visual Basic 5

5. Visual Basic - Send email NOT using MSWinsock...

6. Visual Basic - Send email NOT using MSWinsock...

7. Send email through MAPI using Visual Basic 4

8. Pointers using Outlook/Outlook Express Rules - Sending back tailored emails

9. Sending Email Using Outlook

10. How to send email without using Outlook ?

11. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

12. Sending HTML email from outlook using VB..