COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects
Author Message
 COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

Hi everyone,

        As of 8:45 AM Eastern, on July 28, 1999, we released
build 107 of the COM-Gen 2000 beta.  It's available now for
free at our web site at http://www.*-*-*.com/ .  This may well
prove to be the final beta, as we have done a considerable
amount of testing and, with the help of our beta testers, we
believe we have a winner.  We expect to have a final release
ready by mid-August!  Changes for Build 107 are described
below.
        For those unfamiliar with COM-Gen 2000, it's a
VB6 Add-in that allows you, as a VB Developer, to cut up to
90% off your development time and create your entire middle
tier in a matter of seconds. This COM-Gen 2000 reads from any
ODBC database and generates the classes, properties, methods,
and supporting SQL and VB code necessary to insert, update,
delete, and retrieve records from any table in your database.
It also generates error handling code.

        In other news, we've created two new mailing lists:

exchange questions, opinions, and ideas regarding COM-Gen 2000
and related issues.  This list is open to users and potential
users of COM-Gen 2000.  You can subscribe to this list here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

only.  (You can not post messages to this list.)  We will
provide subscribers to this list with updates and important
info regarding COM-Gen 2000 as it occurs.  You can subscribe
to this list here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Build 107 contains many fixes and changes:

- Added ability to create new VB project file of type
Standard EXE, ActiveX EXE, or ActiveX DLL to contain generated
class files. Also provided option to add generated class files
to existing VB project.

- Added report feature that generates detailed report of
actions taken by COM-Gen 2000TM when generating files.

- Now detecting nullable fields and checking for nulls in
these fields accordingly when reading records in 'Get...s'
functions in collection classes.

- Fixed bug that prevented generated code from compiling
when function argument lists were too long in Add and Update
methods. (Added line continuations where necessary.)

- Added options to include/exclude Module Headers, Function
Headers, and Developer Notes.

- Added code samples for calling generated objects from VB
and ASP in Developer Notes section.

Thanks again to you all for all your support.

--
Thanks,
Dave V.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

2. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

3. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

4. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

5. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

6. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

7. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

8. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

9. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

10. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

11. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

12. COM-Gen 2000 1.04: European fix released.