How to control the serial ports????
Author Message
 How to control the serial ports????

Hi!

Could anyone please give me a clue how to send data bytes to the serial
ports (Com1 / Com2), and also how to gain control over the different RS232
signal lines (as RTS, CTS, DCD and so on). Can I do this directly from
Vb32, or do I need any additional objects?

Please help me; either the 'Help' function, the software manual or the book
I purchased to learn Vb programming treats this issue.

Espen Andersen, Norway

Sat, 07 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to control the serial ports????

You can use the Microsoft Comm Control. It is shipped with VB (3 and 4).
I have never used it, but I think it can work for your application...
To get it in the toolbar, you have to select it in the Tools/Custom
Controls menu

Hope this helps...
See you!!
--
===================================
Pedro J. Rusjan

http://www.mug.org.ar/socios/pedro.rusjan
===================================

Quote:
> Hi!

> Could anyone please give me a clue how to send data bytes to the serial
> ports (Com1 / Com2), and also how to gain control over the different
RS232
> signal lines (as RTS, CTS, DCD and so on). Can I do this directly from
> Vb32, or do I need any additional objects?

> Please help me; either the 'Help' function, the software manual or the
book
> I purchased to learn Vb programming treats this issue.

> Espen Andersen, Norway

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to control the serial ports????

I have not messed with the signal lines, but I have used the Comm Control
to communicate with a barcode scanner etc. You send data to the comm port
with the following line:

MSComm1.Output =

You can either send a variable or a string in quotes. You receive data with
the following line:

Variable = MSComm1.Input

I hope this helps.

Rohn

Quote:
> Hi!

> Could anyone please give me a clue how to send data bytes to the serial
> ports (Com1 / Com2), and also how to gain control over the different
RS232
> signal lines (as RTS, CTS, DCD and so on). Can I do this directly from
> Vb32, or do I need any additional objects?

> Please help me; either the 'Help' function, the software manual or the
book
> I purchased to learn Vb programming treats this issue.

> Espen Andersen, Norway

Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to control a Serial port

2. motor control through serial port

3. Send Voltage via MSCOMM Control and Serial Port

4. About Mscomm Control programming(Serial Port)

5. About Mscomm Control programming(Serial Port)

6. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

7. Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

8. Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

9. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

10. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol

11. serial printer on serial port

12. serial printer on serial port