Does it makes any sense? (Working with MSComm)
Author Message
 Does it makes any sense? (Working with MSComm)

I am developping an aplication in VB5 that reads data from a COM port. (I am
also developping the hardware that sends the data). and I have a strange
problem:

I can recive any data sent by the hardware less Chr$(17) nor Chr$(19). What
do that number have that can't be transmitted/recived?

I am using MSComm control.

Thank you!!
Pedro J. Rusjan

WEB: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Does it makes any sense? (Working with MSComm)

Those are the XON/XOFF characters, respectively, which are typically used
for flow control.  Use Hardware handshaking (if you can) if you do not want
to see these chars, or just simply ignore them.

HTH

Quote:

>I am developping an aplication in VB5 that reads data from a COM port. (I
am
>also developping the hardware that sends the data). and I have a strange
>problem:

>I can recive any data sent by the hardware less Chr$(17) nor Chr$(19). What
>do that number have that can't be transmitted/recived?

>I am using MSComm control.

>Thank you!!
>Pedro J. Rusjan

>WEB: http://www.mug.org.ar/socios/pedro.rusjan

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBX makes sense, OCX makes sense - What is OCA?

2. making sense of access form design

3. Makes no sense! (I think)

4. Making sense out of binary data

5. Making sense of AVI_COMPRESS_OPTIONS

6. RaiseEvent Does Not Work with MSComm But Works with Timer

7. MSComm.vbx What am I doing wrong?

8. Making sure VB program leaves memory when done.

9. MSComm makes my program hesitate

10. Ouch!! MSComm is making my head hurt

11. Ouch!! MSComm is making my head hurt

12. Refresh/Requery don't seem to work while doing file I/O