Changing Date Format In Access From VB
Author Message
 Changing Date Format In Access From VB

How do I modify an existing date field "Format" in an Access 2.0 database
using VB 3 (yes, I'm trying to keep an old program alive for the year 2000).

Mark

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing Date Format In Access From VB
If you're referring to the Format property of the field that's set with Access, forget
it. It has no effect on whether the field will store 4-digit year values. It's simply a
way to *display* the date data contained in the field, much like the VBA unction
Format().
In order to avoid your app doubling over in Jan. 1 2000 you have to enforce the entry of
4 digit year values to the database field, and convert exisisting 2-digit field values to
four digits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regards,

Klaus H. Probst, MCP

       ICQ: 22454937

Quote:
> How do I modify an existing date field "Format" in an Access 2.0 database
> using VB 3 (yes, I'm trying to keep an old program alive for the year 2000).

> Mark

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access changing date format automatically

2. Automate date format change in Access 2.0

3. MS-ACCESS query date problem + date formatting in datagrid

4. ms-access - delete old dates and change dates

5. Change FORMAT of DATE/TIME Field in Table

6. Change textstring into Date format

7. Make-table changes my date formats

8. Help - Changing Date field format on Forms/Reports through code

9. Changing the Date format (just text without dividers)

10. changing date format

11. Force change in system date format using VBA

12. Changing date format in Word of linked field from Project