A Great Book
Author Message
 A Great Book

I just picked up a copy of a GREAT book that almost anyone visiting this
News Group will want to consider adding to their reference library. It is
called:

The Waite Group's
"Visual Basic - A Source Code Library"
by Brian Shea, et. al. ($34.99 US).
ISBN:  0-672-31387-1

A current link for a description of this book is:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

and on this page is a link to the table of contents. Just check it out -- a
lot of the questions asked on this New Group seem to be addressed in this
book.

Can you tell, I'm pretty e{*filter*}d about this "find". Too bad I won't be able
to quote solutions to posts from it because it is copyrighted.

Rick

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A Great Book
Not sure why that link doesn't work, however here are the steps I followed
to get to that page:

1) Enter URL ==>  www.mcp.com

2) Click "Resource_Centers" at the top of the page

3) Click "Programming Resource Center - Visual Basic Resources" near the
bottom of the web page

4) Click on the "more" highlight at the bottom of the right hand panel
entitled "Catalog Titles for Visual Basic

5) Click "Next 10" highlight at the bottom of this web page

6) Click on "Waite Group's Visual Basic Source Code Library" (4th item down)

That takes you to the referenced page. Sorry for the long circuitous route
above, but it is worth the trip!

Rick

Quote:

>I just picked up a copy of a GREAT book that almost anyone visiting this
>News Group will want to consider adding to their reference library. It is
>called:

>The Waite Group's
>"Visual Basic - A Source Code Library"
>by Brian Shea, et. al. ($34.99 US).
>ISBN:  0-672-31387-1

>A current link for a description of this book is:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>and on this page is a link to the table of contents. Just check it out -- a
>lot of the questions asked on this New Group seem to be addressed in this
>book.

>Can you tell, I'm pretty e{*filter*}d about this "find". Too bad I won't be able
>to quote solutions to posts from it because it is copyrighted.

>Rick

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A Great Book
Rick,
Thanks for the recommendation. Another book some may want to check out (my
favorite VB reference book  so far) is "Special Edition - Using Visual Basic
6" by Brian Siler and Jeff Spotts.
-Dennis

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A Great Book
I hope it is not half as buggy as the Wiate Group's "Visual Basic 6 Interactive
Course"!!!!
I certianly learned something from that book! . . . . how to use the
DE{*filter*}!!!

Web Page - mostly History and Latin, no VB yet!.......
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 A Great Book
Agreed. The course book was used in a VB class I took right after the book
came out. The one mistake over and over (which if you caught early was easy
to remember) was leaving the counter increment (i) off of any and all loop
structures.
I had worked a little with QBasic so I found it early enough not to be a
source of frustration. But I would not recommend the book to a newbie.
Peter Wright's books seem to fit that bill well.

Quote:

>I hope it is not half as buggy as the Wiate Group's "Visual Basic 6
Interactive
>Course"!!!!
>I certianly learned something from that book! . . . . how to use the
>DE{*filter*}!!!

>Web Page - mostly History and Latin, no VB yet!.......
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic and Database GREAT BOOK

2. ANN: Great books...

3. The Great Book of VB5

4. Can you reccomend a great book for VB 6...

5. Found a Great VB Graphics Book!

6. some great vb books

7. check out a couple great VB books

8. great VB books!

9. Great visual basic books -- cheap!

10. GREAT new VB and ActiveX Book!

11. Great source of free online Visual Basic books

12. Great source of free online Visual Basic books