ActiveX.exe - Sloooow
Author Message
 ActiveX.exe - Sloooow

I wrote an ActiveX.exe to handle the communications side of my application;
and it works extremely well.  Problem is, it takes ages to load.  I call it
up within the initialisation process of my app, which normally takes about 5
seconds from the time the opening screen shows.  In those 5 seconds, the
user is asked for their user id & password; so by the time they have keyed
that in, everything is ready to go.   Now it takes over 10 seconds to
process (on top of the time too load the app), and my application locks up
during this time leaving the user bashing the keyboard thinking there's a
problem.

What can I do?  If I close the application and then restart it immediately,
the delay is not apparent even though the ActiveX process ends.

Stuart.

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX.exe - Sloooow
could you find a way to load this stuff while the password dialog is open.
it only takes a minute to destroy this stuff if you get an invalid login

Quote:

>I wrote an ActiveX.exe to handle the communications side of my application;
>and it works extremely well.  Problem is, it takes ages to load.  I call it
>up within the initialisation process of my app, which normally takes about
5
>seconds from the time the opening screen shows.  In those 5 seconds, the
>user is asked for their user id & password; so by the time they have keyed
>that in, everything is ready to go.   Now it takes over 10 seconds to
>process (on top of the time too load the app), and my application locks up
>during this time leaving the user bashing the keyboard thinking there's a
>problem.

>What can I do?  If I close the application and then restart it immediately,
>the delay is not apparent even though the ActiveX process ends.

>Stuart.

Fri, 30 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX.exe or ActiveX DLL or ActiveX Control?????????????

2. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

3. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

4. Publish with Word/Analyze with Excel sloooow

5. ADO: Sloooow, or just me?

6. Populating my tree view is soooo Sloooow

7. making standard VB EXE to ActiveX EXE?

8. Standard EXE and ActiveX EXE

9. ActiveX EXE or Standard EXE

10. WithEvents between EXE and ActiveX EXE ?

11. Callback between standard.exe and activeX.exe

12. Making an ActiveX EXE act like a normal EXE