Having the Sound Events sound file located in a DLL
Author Message
 Having the Sound Events sound file located in a DLL

I was just wondering if it is possible to have windows play its sound events
based upon a WAV file located in a DLL. Kinda like the way it is done for
the desktop icons (Recycle bin, MyComputer, Network Neighborhood).

In the Registry, for the desktop icons the setting goes something like this
%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,17.

The 17 indicates the 17th icon in the DLL

When I try this with system event sounds it doesn't work.

Any help will greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Having the Sound Events sound file located in a DLL

I was just wondering if it is possible to have windows play its sound events
based upon a WAV file located in a DLL. Kinda like the way it is done for
the desktop icons (Recycle bin, MyComputer, Network Neighborhood).

In the Registry, for the desktop icons the setting goes something like this
%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,17.
The 17 indicates the 17th icon in the DLL

When I try this with system event sounds it doesn't work.

Any help will greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sounds - Playing System Event Sounds (asterisk, critical stop, question, etc)

2. Capturing sound info from sound card without a WAV file

3. Playing Sound file on event??!!

4. sound via sound card?

5. A: Sound Blaster Sound

6. Sound Blaster Sound

7. QBasic Sound Programs using Sound Blaster and Adlib Cards Here

8. Get sound from Sound Card

9. Caputure sound from microphone ( connected with sound card )in VB6

10. Sound Controls recording / reversing sounds from within VB

11. Directing Sound to modem or sound card

12. play sound after sound.