Flowcontrol
Author Message
 Flowcontrol

Quote:

> When developing an application for a modem I have done a form for setting
> the COM-port settings. I have looked at the sample application Vbterm and
> found there that the user can set Flow control to None, Xon/Xoff, RTS or
> Xon/RTS which is exactly the same choice as the VB documentation for
> MSComm.Setting describes.

> What I get a little confused about is what communication am I actuall
> setting? Is it  the communication from the computer to the modem and vice
> versa? Because I guess it can't be the communication from "my" modem to the
> receiving modem?!? For setting the communication flowcontrol from my modem
> to receiving modem I must send a AT-command to set the right flowcontrol?!,
> or?!?!

> Can somebody explain?

> Thanks

Hello Ingela -

Here is a FAQ that might answer some of your questions regarding
hardware (RTS/CTS) and software (XOFF/XON) flow control.

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

If that doesn't help, I may be able to answer some specific questions if
you e-mail me directly.

God Lycka,    (Good Luck in Swedish- I think?)

Randy Barrow

Remove NOSPAM from address for replies

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT