Simulate Keyboard Input
Author Message
 Simulate Keyboard Input

I have two related questions:

How do you simulate keyboard input in VB (like the KEYBOARD command in
Visual Foxpro?)

How do you trap the up/down/tab keys in the grid control?

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Simulate Keyboard Input
Marcus,

Quote:
>How do you simulate keyboard input in VB (like the KEYBOARD command in
>Visual Foxpro?)

Check the help files for something named "SendKeys"

Quote:
>How do you trap the up/down/tab keys in the grid control?

I don't know exactly what grid you're talking about, but in most cases this is
not possible. Most grid controls "eat" these keystrokes because they use them
for navigational purposes. if you need to catch when the user changes from cell
to cell or from row to row, I'd suggest you use the control's events, like
OnColChange, EnterCell, etc. Again, this depends on the grid you are using.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s) so
that everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Klaus H. Probst, MCP

       ICQ: 22454937
      The VB Box: http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:

>I have two related questions:

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simulating Keyboard Input

2. How to disable/enable keyboard input and mouse input

3. Simulate keyboard entry

4. How to simulate keyboard combinations like shift + g ...

5. How to simulate keyboard combinations like shift + g ...

6. Simulating mouse movements and Clicks on the Keyboard

7. Simulate mouse and keyboard

8. HOWTO: Simulate user input

9. HOWTO: Simulate user input

10. HOWTO: Simulate user input