playing sounds in vb application
Author Message
 playing sounds in vb application

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup, but the only two vb
groups my server gets are this one and the m.p.v.bugs group, so sorry if
this is out of place! I do not really know much about vb but here goes.
At the moment, I can send a message to a vb application via a network
connection to the computer and get the application to display different
images depending on the message. I would like to be able to play a .wav
file (or any audio format really) in the same way. Is this possible? Now
for the fun part, the machine it needs to run on is windows3.11 and it
only has vb3.0 on it! I think a sound object can be embedded but how can
I play it? Or is embedding an object and being able to play it two
completely different things.

thanks for your help,
Andrew

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 playing sounds in vb application

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup, but the only two vb
groups my server gets are this one and the m.p.v.bugs group, so sorry if
this is out of place! I do not really know much about vb but here goes.
At the moment, I can send a message to a vb application via a network
connection to the computer and get the application to display different
images depending on the message. I would like to be able to play a .wav
file (or any audio format really) in the same way. Is this possible? Now
for the fun part, the machine it needs to run on is windows3.11 and it
only has vb3.0 on it! I think a sound object can be embedded but how can
I play it? Or is embedding an object and being able to play it two
completely different things.

Try http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q86/2/81.ASP.

The other issue is that if you're running under Win 3.1 you will need either a
sound card, or the PC Speaker sound driver installed
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q138/8/57.asp).

Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 playing sounds in vb application
Hi,

Thanks very much Paul, that was just what I was looking for. I didn't
even know about the support on Microsoft's site!

Andrew

Quote:

> Try http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q86/2/81.ASP.

> The other issue is that if you're running under Win 3.1 you will need either a
> sound card, or the PC Speaker sound driver installed
> (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q138/8/57.asp).

> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Playing sounds even if other applications are playing sounds

2. Application That Will Record and Play Sound (real-time)

3. Play an application sound Event

4. Sounds - Playing System Event Sounds (asterisk, critical stop, question, etc)

5. play sound after sound.

6. Urgent, How to: Play sound using sound card?

7. Urgent, How to: Play sound using sound card?

8. How to play sound coming from OLE object field in VB

9. Playing sounds in VB.NET

10. Play sound using VB.NET

11. Help: Playing sounds in VB

12. Playing sound (wav) in vb.net