ComboBox
Author Message
 ComboBox

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a control which has AutoComplete and ItemData features.
With MS' Combox controls, you get one or the other - not both.  Please reply
to the forum with any information you might have.

TIA
Brad

Tue, 03 May 2005 05:26:15 GMT
 ComboBox
Determine which one is easier to implement and roll your own UC...

Can't possibly take more than 4 hours of your time to make something that
is complete enough and customized just the way you want it.

D.

Quote:
> Hi Everyone,

> I am looking for a control which has AutoComplete and ItemData features.
> With MS' Combox controls, you get one or the other - not both.  Please
reply
> to the forum with any information you might have.

> TIA
> Brad

Tue, 03 May 2005 07:53:00 GMT
 ComboBox
sure...

Make a new UC

Drop a Combobox on it.

ah heck, I'll email you a starter kit...

D.

Quote:
> OK,

> Any ideas where I can start with this solution?  I have never written my
own
> control and am already lost :-(

> Best Regards,
> Brad

> > Determine which one is easier to implement and roll your own UC...

> > Can't possibly take more than 4 hours of your time to make something
that
> > is complete enough and customized just the way you want it.

> > D.

> > > Hi Everyone,

> > > I am looking for a control which has AutoComplete and ItemData
features.
> > > With MS' Combox controls, you get one or the other - not both.  Please
> > reply
> > > to the forum with any information you might have.

> > > TIA
> > > Brad

Tue, 03 May 2005 10:22:17 GMT
 ComboBox
Perhaps I should elaborate on this issue...

I am designing a database application where in place of values, the client
wants value codes.  Say for instance, that the value 'Brown' has a value
code of '313'.  When the user selects the value from the form, I want them
to see: Brown, Blue, Hazel, etc.  When they insert into the database, I want
the DB to have 313 in the HAIR field, which is the value code to Brown.  I
know I could accomplish this by querying the database on the LostFocus
event, and assigning the value code to a string variable (or other type, it
really doesn't matter at this point) but the point is that I don't want to
query the database this often.  There will be approximately 300 comboboxes
throughout the application that will use this solution (not same as example,
but same in theory), and that would (in my mind) result in a lot of
unnecessary queries.  If there is a better way (and I know there is), please
let me know.

Best Regards
Brad

Quote:
> OK,

> Any ideas where I can start with this solution?  I have never written my
own
> control and am already lost :-(

> Best Regards,
> Brad

> > Determine which one is easier to implement and roll your own UC...

> > Can't possibly take more than 4 hours of your time to make something
that
> > is complete enough and customized just the way you want it.

> > D.

> > > Hi Everyone,

> > > I am looking for a control which has AutoComplete and ItemData
features.
> > > With MS' Combox controls, you get one or the other - not both.  Please
> > reply
> > > to the forum with any information you might have.

> > > TIA
> > > Brad

Tue, 03 May 2005 10:26:58 GMT
 ComboBox
Thanks, that'd be great!

Brad

Quote:
> sure...

> Make a new UC

> Drop a Combobox on it.

> ah heck, I'll email you a starter kit...

> D.

> > OK,

> > Any ideas where I can start with this solution?  I have never written my
> own
> > control and am already lost :-(

> > Best Regards,
> > Brad

> > > Determine which one is easier to implement and roll your own UC...

> > > Can't possibly take more than 4 hours of your time to make something
> that
> > > is complete enough and customized just the way you want it.

> > > D.

> features.
Please
> > > reply

Tue, 03 May 2005 10:30:59 GMT
 ComboBox
OK,

Any ideas where I can start with this solution?  I have never written my own
control and am already lost :-(

Best Regards,
Brad

Quote:
> Determine which one is easier to implement and roll your own UC...

> Can't possibly take more than 4 hours of your time to make something that
> is complete enough and customized just the way you want it.

> D.

> > Hi Everyone,

> > I am looking for a control which has AutoComplete and ItemData features.
> > With MS' Combox controls, you get one or the other - not both.  Please
> reply
> > to the forum with any information you might have.

> > TIA
> > Brad

Tue, 03 May 2005 10:06:41 GMT

1. Filling a Secondary Combobox based on information from a primary combobox

2. ComboBox dependent on another ComboBox

3. Fonts in a Combobox matching Fontsize in another ComboBox

4. Problem with Microsoft ComboBox as well as MicroHelp ComboBox

5. Combobox and matching text contents to the combobox list

6. Clicking outside combobox trigger the combobox click event

7. I need to have VB ComboBox Behave like access ComboBox

8. How do I make a ComboBox with a drop-down wider then the ComboBox

9. How do you return the index of a combobox that corresponds to a string value that exists as an item in the combobox?

10. ComboBox and ADO - Cant Make It Work - What Is The Correct Way To Use a Combobox with ADO?

11. ComboBox and ADO - Cant Make It Work - What Is The Correct Way To Use a Combobox with ADO?

12. ComboBox wont update another Field on same Form