How can I perform a non-stricted indexed search with VB3.0 and ACCESS2.0 ?
Author Message
 How can I perform a non-stricted indexed search with VB3.0 and ACCESS2.0 ?

Hello everybody !       I would appreciate the following clarification.

I am giving my first steps in VB3.0 and ACCESS2.0 (via the jet extensions)
and I would like to know how can I perform a non-stricted "seek" in an
ACCESS table with a single or multi-field primary-key, e.g.;

If I have an indexed field with "ELECTRONICS" I would like to seek it by
"ELEC", not having to specify all the word (this, without having to sweep
through all the records in the table and compare them). This can be
accomplished in clipper and other languages via the setting of some
environment variables. How can I do it in VB/ACCESS ?

Thanks for your help.
My best regards.
Joao

PS: This may be a dupe because I don't know if my previous message was
delivered

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I perform a non-stricted indexed search with VB3.0 and ACCESS2.0 ?

When you use the seek just use ">=" instead of "=".  This works great (and
much faster then a FINDFIRST or SQL) when you want to use the Quicken-style
searching for quick-fills.  For instance in my app I will allow the user to
type a few letters to bring up the right name.  There are some things you
have to code around, like what if they hit the backspace or want to type in
a new name.  I have some poorly documented code up at
www.tcgcs.com/~sjuranek otherwise email me for questions if you want.

Scott Juranek

Quote:
> Hello everybody !  I would appreciate the following clarification.

> I am giving my first steps in VB3.0 and ACCESS2.0 (via the jet
extensions)
> and I would like to know how can I perform a non-stricted "seek" in an
> ACCESS table with a single or multi-field primary-key, e.g.;

> If I have an indexed field with "ELECTRONICS" I would like to seek it by
> "ELEC", not having to specify all the word (this, without having to sweep
> through all the records in the table and compare them). This can be
> accomplished in clipper and other languages via the setting of some
> environment variables. How can I do it in VB/ACCESS ?

> Thanks for your help.
> My best regards.
> Joao

> PS: This may be a dupe because I don't know if my previous message was
> delivered

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can I perform a non-stricted indexed search with VB3.0 and ACESS2.0

3. VB3.0 & Access2.0 Searching for Dates

4. VB4/Access2: non-standard SQL wildcard characters?

5. VB4/Access2: non-sta

6. Search Char By Char Like MS Index Searches

7. MailMerge -VB3/Access2 and Word6 using OLE

8. wierd behaviour VB3 accessing Access2.0

9. Access2 patch for vb3: File name??

10. VB3 access to ACCESS2

11. Connect VB3.0 with Access2.0 database

12. VB3 on Access2 - multiple logins for one account?