Serial Comms: Is there a way ...?
Author Message
 Serial Comms: Is there a way ...?

Hi Colin,

Sure.  Just buffer receive data by appending to a Static buffer in the
OnComm receive event.  Then, use InStr to parse that buffer.  I have a
number of examples of this in my book (see below for information, or to
order).  I have lots of other information that you might find of use, too.

--
{*filter*} Grier
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications,

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial Comms: Is there a way ...?

Is there a way to receive input from a serial port as "lines of text"
rather than as a byte-stream ?

Please help - this problem is really bugging me.

Thanks

Colin

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial Comms

2. serial comms problem

3. Question on serial comms for QuickBASIC

4. Serial Comms

5. serial comms - byte transmission rather than ascii encoded

6. VB6 Serial COMMS ?

7. Serial Comms under NT/2K/XP

8. Serial comms - VBterm - how to receive ?

9. gwb 2 vb serial comms

10. Serial port comms.- how!

11. VB Newie, Serial Comms Question

12. How to use serial comms in Visual C++???