More help with drive list boxes
Author Message
 More help with drive list boxes

I've got a drive list box on a form and when the form loads the
drivelistbox is told that it's path is a: but if there is no disk in
a: then an error(68) occurs. So I put in an error handler just telling
the program to skip to the next line of code. It does this but then
displays c: in the drive list box. Is there a way to get it to display
a: even when there is no disk in the drive?
Thanx
Jason

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 More help with drive list boxes

In a word, no. This is because the control sets the active drive (and
path) when it is changed, and so if the drive is invalid because there's
no disk in it or it can't be read, is disconnected, etc. then the current
drive cannot be set to that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s) so
that everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Regards,

Klaus H. Probst, MCP

       ICQ: 22454937
      The VB Box: http://members.xoom.com/kprobst/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
> I've got a drive list box on a form and when the form loads the
> drivelistbox is told that it's path is a: but if there is no disk in
> a: then an error(68) occurs. So I put in an error handler just telling
> the program to skip to the next line of code. It does this but then
> displays c: in the drive list box. Is there a way to get it to display
> a: even when there is no disk in the drive?
> Thanx
> Jason

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT

1. Reading Drive Settings (BIOS or Drive List Box)

2. Network drives in a drive list box control

3. VB6 - file list box / drive box question - resolving network paths and computer names

4. Help wanted with file list boxes and list boxes

5. Display Drives in List Box

6. Drive List Box control from VB6 to VBA

7. Drive List Box in Access

8. Where are File, Drive, and Directory list boxes?

9. Drive list box

10. Network Neighborhood in Drive List Box ??

11. Drive List Box

12. drive list box question