API Call to get Com Ports Available.
Author Message
 API Call to get Com Ports Available.

I have tried using the EnumPorts Api Call to get the
available com ports on a PC.
But no matter on what PC I use it it allways shows
COM1, COM2, COM3 and COM4 on the list.

I want to know which ports are available.

Like my Dev machine has Com1 and Com2 only.
I would like to get these only.

If you know please let me know.

THX
TC

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 API Call to get Com Ports Available.

Use normal techniques to attempt to open all of them and check for error
types.

Quote:

> I have tried using the EnumPorts Api Call to get the
> available com ports on a PC.
> But no matter on what PC I use it it allways shows
> COM1, COM2, COM3 and COM4 on the list.

> I want to know which ports are available.

> Like my Dev machine has Com1 and Com2 only.
> I would like to get these only.

> If you know please let me know.

> THX
> TC

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. API Call to get Com Ports Available.

2. Api Call to know Available Comm Ports

3. Api Call to know Available Comm Ports

4. Q: COM port API Calls

5. Available com port ?

6. Is Com Port Available

7. Listing Available COM ports via VB

8. Detect available com port in VB6?

9. Com port not available

10. Finding which COM ports are available?

11. MSCOMM on VB5 Pro, How to detect available COM ports

12. Available COM Ports