Strange Declarations
Author Message
 Strange Declarations

Yes, drag and drop of files into the project is great, but when you're
trying to set up a team development effort with hundreds of different
source files (those that are not compiled into DLL's, for example), it sure
is great to have something to beat dependencies without having a big poster
on the office that everyone can read saying "This class depends on this
module..." and so on.
And of course, VB ignores everything after the " ' " character, that's why
I made the comment in the original post; it seemed weird.

--

Regards,

Klaus

Quote:
> These are not declarations.  Looks like the author of the code module you
> are looking at wrote some notes to himself, or is using a separate
utility
> other than VB with his code (third-party, his own, etc.).

> There is no need for C's #include statement when you can just drag and
drop
> the files to your project window.

> Don't forget that VB ignores everything after the '  (comment).

> Don Good

> > Hey,

> > I've recently came across a BAS module that had the following lines:

> > '$Include 'dao_err.bi'
> > '$Include 'dao_def.bi'

> > The first character is a comment. I did not try to compile or anything
> (and
> > never mind what it does), but the fact is the ".bi" files in question
> were
> > standard modules filled with declarations in VB code (constants,
> vriables,
> > types, so on).
> > Now, the question is: is this similar to #include ??? Does anyone know
> > anything about this?
> > Methinks that maybe --hopefully-- this is an undocumented "feature" of
> the
> > compiler in VB5, and that we can do #include, just like C/C++
> > This would obviously be a great thing, as the only thing missing then
> would
> > be a global-level #define.
> > Anyone?

> > --

> > Regards,

> > Klaus

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Strange Declarations

Well, there goes the dream...
Thanx anyway... :-)

--

Regards,

Klaus

Quote:
> The $Include metacommand is not supported by VB. It was in quickBasic for
> DOS (and maybe in VBDOS), and yes, it was similar to the C's #include. It
> was used as you see it, with a ' character at the beginning. QuickBasic
> recognized it from real comments.

> Domenico

> > Hey,

> > I've recently came across a BAS module that had the following lines:

> > '$Include 'dao_err.bi'
> > '$Include 'dao_def.bi'

> > The first character is a comment. I did not try to compile or anything
> (and
> > never mind what it does), but the fact is the ".bi" files in question
> were
> > standard modules filled with declarations in VB code (constants,
> vriables,
> > types, so on).
> > Now, the question is: is this similar to #include ??? Does anyone know
> > anything about this?
> > Methinks that maybe --hopefully-- this is an undocumented "feature" of
> the
> > compiler in VB5, and that we can do #include, just like C/C++

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Strange Declarations

2. tool to convert VC Dll functions declarations to VB declarations

3. Stranger In A Strange Land...

4. Strange Strange Error

5. DataBase variable Declaration error

6. Global Declarations

7. VBA - Oblect Variable Declaration

8. declarations and recordsets

9. table declaration

10. Declaration

11. unrecognized VBA declaration ?

12. Getting Microsoft's Win32API Declarations to Compile Correctly