Converting a VB3 app to VB4 16-bit
Author Message
 Converting a VB3 app to VB4 16-bit

I am looking for information on using VB4 16-bit with an existing VB3
project.

Our application makes extensive use of data access through dynasets,
querydefs, snapshots, etc.  We dont use any data controls, but use MS
Access 2.0 dbs.

Is VB3 data access compatible with 16-bit VB4?  I have looked through
the VB4 help files, and checked the MS KB, but have not been able get a
thorough answer to this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Are they are pitfalls to
this?  If necessary, where could I find some information and examples of
"porting" a VB3 project to VB4 16-bit?

Thanks,
John P. Kennedy

Tue, 05 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting a VB3 app to VB4 16-bit

John,

At work I have noted all of the issues I found while converting VB3
projects to VB4-16.  I do not use DAO at all however.  If you want more

my notes.

For example: The file locking semantics have changed; some of the change
seems to be a bug and the other part also occurs in VB4-32, but neither are
implied by the documentation which seems to say that the VB3 functionality
is still available.  Unlike most of the other things I have found, this
problem does not seem to be documented in the VB Knowledge Base.

Mark Hurd

Quote:
> I am looking for information on using VB4 16-bit with an existing VB3
> project.

> Our application makes extensive use of data access through dynasets,
> querydefs, snapshots, etc.  We dont use any data controls, but use MS
> Access 2.0 dbs.

> Is VB3 data access compatible with 16-bit VB4?  I have looked through
> the VB4 help files, and checked the MS KB, but have not been able get a
> thorough answer to this.

> Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Are they are pitfalls to
> this?  If necessary, where could I find some information and examples of
> "porting" a VB3 project to VB4 16-bit?

> Thanks,
> John P. Kennedy

Tue, 05 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting a VB4.0 16 Bit app to VB5 32 bit

2. Desperate for help Converting 16 bit app to 32 bit

3. converting 16-bit VB4/Access2 to 32-bit

4. corruption of 16 bit db when used by both 16 and 32 bit apps

5. Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

6. Launching 16-Bit apps from 32-Bit app?

7. Need help calling 16-bit app from 32-bit app

8. Executing a 16 bit app from a 32 bit app

9. Need advice in converting large 16-bit VB app to VB5

10. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

11. Read Reg from 16 bit VB3 app

12. Boldstyle in vb3/vb4 16-bit?