SendKeys Question
Author Message
 SendKeys Question

Hi all

i need to send a set of key strokes to an control box. the combonation is,
fired perss the shift, control and alt keys and release to get the control
boxes attn: then press and release a number key between 1 and 6. then press
and release the enter key. i have tried all the combanations i can think of
and none seem to work.

sendkeys "+^%"
sendkeys "1"
sendkeys "{~}"

seems simple enough

thanks
chad

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SendKeys Question

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 SendKeys Question

If this question is too hard, could some one refer me to some one that might
be able to answer it? Or maybe I didn't make the question plane enough. I am
not trying to send keystrokes to another app, but to a control box that is
hooked to my computer. it "the control box" watches for the keystrokes
"shift+alt+control" then a number key between 1 and 6, then the enter key. I
have researched this and still am. I thought the bug
concerning the doevents might help but didn't. perhaps I should be using an
API call to do this instead of sendkeys.

thanks again
chad

Quote:

>Hi all

>i need to send a set of key strokes to an control box. the combination is,
>first perss the shift, control and alt keys and release to get the control
>boxes attn: then press and release a number key between 1 and 6. then press
>and release the enter key. i have tried all the combinations i can think of
>and none seem to work.

>sendkeys "+^%"
>sendkeys "1"
>sendkeys "{~}"

>seems simple enough

>thanks
>chad

Tue, 05 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SendKeys Question

The control box gets some kind of signal from a program running in the
background when you press the said keys. You should know which program this
is, or what the instructions to the controlbox are.

Did you try to activate Keypreview of your form? Then you can detect
Shft+Ctrl+Alt through the KeyDown event, activate the connection to your
external device and send the keys required through a 'normal' input
procedure (textbox, commandkey or whatever).

John

Quote:
> If this question is too hard, could some one refer me to some one that
might
> be able to answer it? Or maybe I didn't make the question plane enough. I
am
> not trying to send keystrokes to another app, but to a control box that
is
> hooked to my computer. it "the control box" watches for the keystrokes
> "shift+alt+control" then a number key between 1 and 6, then the enter
key. I
> have researched this and still am. I thought the bug
> concerning the doevents might help but didn't. perhaps I should be using
an
> API call to do this instead of sendkeys.

> thanks again
> chad

> >Hi all

> >i need to send a set of key strokes to an control box. the combination
is,
> >first perss the shift, control and alt keys and release to get the
control
> >boxes attn: then press and release a number key between 1 and 6. then
press
> >and release the enter key. i have tried all the combinations i can think
of
> >and none seem to work.

> >sendkeys "+^%"
> >sendkeys "1"
> >sendkeys "{~}"

> >seems simple enough

> >thanks
> >chad

Thu, 07 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SendKeys question

2. API: Replacement for Sendkeys -Question

3. SendKeys question.

4. SendKeys Question - it has me stumped

5. Newbie SendKeys Question

6. SendKeys Question

7. SendKeys question

8. SendKeys Question