How to start an OLE application from a button? :-)
Author Message
 How to start an OLE application from a button? :-)

Hi, and thanks for reading about my problem.

I've got to start my web-browser  from a VB application. I've
implemented an OLE controll that starts the desired HTML -file in the
default web-browser when double -clicking the OLE controll.

My problem is to start the OLE app. from a command button so that
the desired HTML -file starts in the web-browser...

What can i do to solve this problem?

Thank you for answering my question.

Lars-Torje Hoel
NORWAY

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to start an OLE application from a button? :-)
Thank you for answering.

Will i reach the same result?
I'm rather unexperienced in programming Visual Basic,
-"ShellExecute API call" Is'nt this ascing for a specific program?
Or can i start a default web-browser this way?

>------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BE8B47.14C5D180
><HTML><HEAD>
><META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3DGENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000080>Why don't you just use the <EM>ShellExecute =
></EM>API=20
>call and pass it the name of the htm or html file.<BR>-- </FONT></DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT color=3D#000080>Simon Jones<BR>MillStream Designs =
>Ltd<BR>Independent IT=20
>Consultants</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BE8B47.14C5D180--

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Start application when another starts

2. Determining the height of the start bar / fitting applications around start bar

3. Starting application on Windows start

4. Starting application on Windows start

5. Using a MDI OLE application in my MDI application

6. How do I start an access database (mdb) from VB4 using OLE automation

7. how to start OLE from code

8. How do I start an access database (mdb) from VB4 using OLE automation

9. Starting an OLE Automation Server

10. How do you start a non OLE program?

11. Button to start timer?

12. Create a button to start a new message w/custom form