MDI Child Forms
Author Message
 MDI Child Forms

Could someone please help me on how to maintain MDI Child forms.  I have a
situation where I am using an ActiveListBar control and I open MDI Child
forms on the click event of the ActiveListBar.  Basically, an Outlook style
application.  What I am having trouble with is getting my MDI child forms to
do the following:

1. Close themselves
2. Appear on top when opened

Could anyone please help.

Thanks in advance.

Todd Rearden

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI Child Forms
Todd,

Normally when you open a MDI child window it will open on top. Can you
explain exactly what happens when you open a MDI child window and please
explain what you mean by "Close themselves". Does it mean by a preset time
or when you click on a button...

Perhaps some of your code with comments would help here.

--
VB-Joker
MCSE

Please post all replies to newsgroup!

Quote:
>Could someone please help me on how to maintain MDI Child forms.  I have a
>situation where I am using an ActiveListBar control and I open MDI Child
>forms on the click event of the ActiveListBar.  Basically, an Outlook style
>application.  What I am having trouble with is getting my MDI child forms
>do the following:

>1. Close themselves
>2. Appear on top when opened

>Could anyone please help.

>Thanks in advance.

>Todd Rearden

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

2. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form

3. MDI-Child form and positon on MDI-form

4. Developing OLE MDI Child forms displayed on Control MDI Form

5. MDI child forms on top of a picture on a MDI form

6. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms

7. Modal non MDI forms and Modeless MDI child forms in VB 5.0

8. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form

9. Having MDI form with MDI Child form in DLL

10. Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

11. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form

12. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form