App.startlogging and App.logevent not working? help
Author Message
 App.startlogging and App.logevent not working? help

does anyone know why this doesn't work? I am running on NT4.0

Public Sub subCopyFiles()
Dim objFS As FileSystemObject
Dim objFolder As Folder
Set objFS = New FileSystemObject
Set objFolder = objFS.GetFolder("c:\junk\")
App.StartLogging ("c:\junk\log.txt")
' ERROR HERE
app.LogEvent("copying files",vbLogEventTypeInformation)            ' ERROR
HERE
objFolder.Copy ("c:\junk2\")
End Sub

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 App.startlogging and App.logevent not working? help
Hi Marty, take a look at the following:

INFO: App.LogEvent Only Logs in Compiled Applications
Article ID: Q161306

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q161/3/06.asp?FR=0

'------
galen

Quote:
>does anyone know why this doesn't work? I am running on NT4.0

>Public Sub subCopyFiles()
>Dim objFS As FileSystemObject
>Dim objFolder As Folder
>Set objFS = New FileSystemObject
>Set objFolder = objFS.GetFolder("c:\junk\")
>App.StartLogging ("c:\junk\log.txt")
>' ERROR HERE
>app.LogEvent("copying files",vbLogEventTypeInformation)            ' ERROR
>HERE
>objFolder.Copy ("c:\junk2\")
>End Sub

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 App.startlogging and App.logevent not working? help
Marty,

http://home.earthlink.net/~butlerbob/vb/begin/vberrs.htm (look at point 3).

Matthew

Quote:
> does anyone know why this doesn't work? I am running on NT4.0

> Public Sub subCopyFiles()
> Dim objFS As FileSystemObject
> Dim objFolder As Folder
> Set objFS = New FileSystemObject
> Set objFolder = objFS.GetFolder("c:\junk\")
> App.StartLogging ("c:\junk\log.txt")
> ' ERROR HERE
> app.LogEvent("copying files",vbLogEventTypeInformation)            '
ERROR
> HERE
> objFolder.Copy ("c:\junk2\")
> End Sub

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. App.LogEvent - does it work???

2. App.LogEvent Doesn't Work?

3. VB6 - App.StartLogging - Help...

4. App.LogEvent Not Loggin

5. Call to WinInet InternetOpen Works on Emulator and Sample App but not in My App

6. App.StartLogging for Win95

7. App.Startlogging Method

8. App.Startlogging

9. Help Pausing VB4 execution until DOS app finishes (Not Windows App)

10. VB6: App.LogEvent VB.NET:?

11. App.LogEvent

12. log files ("app.logevent")