Horizontal listbox scroll bars - can't get to work...
Author Message
 Horizontal listbox scroll bars - can't get to work...

I want to put some horizontal scroll-bars onto a list box in VB3 (argh!),
and have used the code from the VBPJ Feb 101 tips issue (page 3),
but i can't get it to work.
Can anyone help me, please.
thanks in advance

Campbell Maffett
Praxa Ltd
Australia

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal listbox scroll bars - can't get to work...

If that code used LB_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT, I believe you're reading code for VB4-32 or VB5.
To my recollection, 16-bit windows didn't have this constant available.

If you do have 16-bit code, post it here so we can determine the error.

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic
VBnet, The Visual Basic Developers Resource Centre
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/vbnet/default.htm

:I want to put some horizontal scroll-bars onto a list box in VB3 (argh!),
:and have used the code from the VBPJ Feb 101 tips issue (page 3),
:but i can't get it to work.
:Can anyone help me, please.
:thanks in advance
:
:Campbell Maffett
:Praxa Ltd
:Australia

:

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal listbox scroll bars - can't get to work...

Has anyone gotten it to work for NT4?  On Win95 machines the scrollbar
appears, but not for NT4... :/

Kevin

Quote:

>If that code used LB_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT, I believe you're reading code for
VB4-32 or VB5.
>To my recollection, 16-bit windows didn't have this constant available.
>If you do have 16-bit code, post it here so we can determine the error.

Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Horizontal listbox scroll bars - can't get to work...

Works for me on both platforms.

Quote:

> Has anyone gotten it to work for NT4?  On Win95 machines the scrollbar
> appears, but not for NT4... :/

> Kevin

> >If that code used LB_SETHORIZONTALEXTENT, I believe you're reading code for
> VB4-32 or VB5.
> >To my recollection, 16-bit windows didn't have this constant available.
> >If you do have 16-bit code, post it here so we can determine the error.

Tue, 05 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Horizontal Scroll Bar in ListBox

2. Horizontal scroll bar for ListBox

3. Listbox no Horizontal Scroll bar

4. VB 6.0 - ListBoxes have no horizontal scroll bar

5. How to create horizontal scroll bar for ListBox?

6. Listbox Horizontal Scroll Bar

7. Missing horizontal scroll bar in a ListBox control (VB4)

8. ListBox Horizontal Scroll Bar - How to remove ? (VB3)

9. How to enable listbox control has a horizontal scroll bar

10. ListBox Horizontal Scroll Bar

11. Add a horizontal scroll bar to a listbox?

12. Horizontal scroll bar in a listbox?