Need serial port access with a statement
Author Message
 Need serial port access with a statement

In Qbasic and Quickbasic 4.5, the open command also could be used to open
serial and parallel ports using OPEN COM.  How do I do that with VB6.  Need
an answer desperately.

Gopal Patel

Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need serial port access with a statement
Use an MSComm control.  Set the appropriate properties for the control.  The
property to open a port is ".PortOpen = True".

cstone

Quote:

> In Qbasic and Quickbasic 4.5, the open command also could be used to open
> serial and parallel ports using OPEN COM.  How do I do that with VB6.  Need
> an answer desperately.

> Gopal Patel

C. Stone

cstone AT vacuumtechnology DOT com
c_stone AT mindspring DOT com

Vacuum Technology Incorporated
1003 Alvin Weinberg Drive
Oak Ridge, TN 37830

Ph# (423)481-3342
Fx# (423)481-3788

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need serial port access with a statement
Hi,

MSComm32.ocx comes with VB6 Pro and Enterprise editions.  Use it for serial
port access.  There are a couple of examples for MSComm in the Samples
subdirectory (Dialer and VBTerm).

I provide EXTENSIVE coverage of MSComm, the Windows comms API, and various
commercial controls in my book (with lots of working examples).  See below
for information.

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial port access help needed

2. accessing serial port (need some help)

3. Need a SERIAL PORT ACCESS Expert

4. accessing serial port - help needed

5. Need a serial port access expert

6. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

7. Need to send a string to the serial COM3: port using VBA

8. Need for high serial-port speeds in QB

9. need help with basic and controlling serial ports

10. Need help on reading text in serial port

11. Serial Port Commuication / Streaming Video - Assistance Needed

12. I need testers for serial port comm DLL and alpha paging DLL (Delphi, C/C++, VB)