Communication problems, not relation problems:)
Author Message
 Communication problems, not relation problems:)

Hello World!'

i'm using VB4 32 pro, and have a question about communication:

I want to determine whether the modem is 'online' or not and return the
answer as a string to a textbox. Ive tried the, and have read all about,
MsComm Control but the following line doesn't seem to work:

        If Mscomm1.Portopen = true Then
                Text1.Text = "Open"
        Else
                Text1.Text = "Closed"
        End If

Is my brain out of order or i'm i just a complete jerk? Perhaps both?

Can i use the MsComm Control at all to my task?
if not:
How do i do it?

--
Best Regards
Nicke Larsson

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Communication problems, not relation problems:)

Quote:

> Hello World!'

> i'm using VB4 32 pro, and have a question about communication:

> I want to determine whether the modem is 'online' or not and return the
> answer as a string to a textbox. Ive tried the, and have read all about,
> MsComm Control but the following line doesn't seem to work:

>         If Mscomm1.Portopen = true Then
>                 Text1.Text = "Open"
>         Else
>                 Text1.Text = "Closed"
>         End If

> Is my brain out of order or i'm i just a complete jerk? Perhaps both?

> Can i use the MsComm Control at all to my task?
> if not:
> How do i do it?

> --
> Best Regards
> Nicke Larsson

Hi Nicke -

Hopefully not a stupid question in return, but are you trying to "sense"
the "on-line" condition of something like, say Trumpet Winsock? If so, I
believe that it is rather difficult unless you did the dial-up under
MSComm. Trumpet (for instance) does not do DDE links and there are no
parameters that pass any real-time conditions that I have been able to
figure out.

 BTW, if you are in 32 bit Win or Win95, you might want to play with the
RAS services (Check the Crescent Software Internet Toolkit or Mabry's
RAS.EXE ) I cannot vouch for either of these since I have not evolved
into the 32 bit world (yet) having only recently accepted the concept of
Windoze 3.1 as a necessary evil in my life. Does that do anything for
you, or just further confuse the issue?

Good hunting,

Randy

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with Delete Relation!

2. Html / VBScript relation problem

3. ADO, Data Environment, Relations problem

4. Relations: grandchild problem

5. Relations: grandchild problem

6. Relations between tables n:m-relation

7. PROBLEM WITH COMMUNICATION PROGRAM IN GWBASIC

8. Communication Problem

9. Communications Problem in QuickBasic

10. QB$% QB45, serial communications problem

11. communications problem

12. Serial Communications Problem