VB dummy question: How to call into a C lib
Author Message
 VB dummy question: How to call into a C lib

Hi,

my apologies in advance if this is the wrong
ng for my question. The amount of VB groups
is pretty overwhelming...

I have no idea about VB, yet I need to find out
whether/how it is possible to call into a C lib
from VB. (The lib is actually C++ underneath,
but it's got a C interface.) I do have the full
C/C++ source code.
If I wrap the code up in a DLL, can I make calls
into it from VB? How do I setup the prototypes
for calling? (I have two C header files.)

TIA,

Schobi

--

I'm HSchober at gmx dot de

Sun, 08 May 2005 01:28:02 GMT
 VB dummy question: How to call into a C lib
Here's a start...

HOWTO: Write C DLLs and Call Them from Visual Basic
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;106553

there are several more. I just need to hunt them down.

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:
> Hi,

> my apologies in advance if this is the wrong
> ng for my question. The amount of VB groups
> is pretty overwhelming...

> I have no idea about VB, yet I need to find out
> whether/how it is possible to call into a C lib
> from VB. (The lib is actually C++ underneath,
> but it's got a C interface.) I do have the full
> C/C++ source code.
> If I wrap the code up in a DLL, can I make calls
> into it from VB? How do I setup the prototypes
> for calling? (I have two C header files.)

> TIA,

> Schobi

> --

> I'm HSchober at gmx dot de

Sun, 08 May 2005 02:05:48 GMT
 VB dummy question: How to call into a C lib

Quote:

> Here's a start...

> HOWTO: Write C DLLs and Call Them from Visual Basic
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;106553

> there are several more. I just need to hunt them down.

  Thanks, Ken. I hope this will get me started.
  I might come back, though, if special issues
  areise. ;^>

Quote:
> Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
> [...]

  Schobi

--

I'm HSchober at gmx dot de

Sun, 08 May 2005 16:12:23 GMT

1. Dummy-Quesition: Where is the SMS-lib?

2. Another CS-Realizer question

3. Call external function in .LIB from VB

4. How to call lib file in vb?

5. calling functions in VB from a .lib file

6. Can VB call a DOS run-time lib?

7. VB Calls to a .lib file

8. dummy = dummy / 0

9. good VB website(s) for high school CS teacher??

10. Questions on the VB-Lib BCP program?.?

11. Code Question from a dummy.

12. Newbie Dummy Question