EOF
Author Message
 EOF

Maybe this is out of topic here... but maybe it's out of topic everywere :-)
I want to truncate a sequential file in a desidered position file without
rewriting it in a new file and deleting the origin. I think that would be
possible be inserting an EOF... but what's EOF? I recall it is a group of
bytes... Do you remember wich ones?

Best regards.
Riccardo Bartolini
Loc. Valle di Lazzaro 226
57037 Portoferraio

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EOF
Hi Riccardo,

take a look at the SetEndOfFile function to truncate a file at the current
position.

hth,
gert
--
remove 'nos' from my mail-address to reply

Quote:

> Maybe this is out of topic here... but maybe it's out of topic everywere
:-)
> I want to truncate a sequential file in a desidered position file without
> rewriting it in a new file and deleting the origin. I think that would be
> possible be inserting an EOF... but what's EOF? I recall it is a group of
> bytes... Do you remember wich ones?

> Best regards.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EOF

Quote:

>Maybe this is out of topic here... but maybe it's out of topic everywere :-)
>I want to truncate a sequential file in a desidered position file without
>rewriting it in a new file and deleting the origin. I think that would be
>possible be inserting an EOF... but what's EOF? I recall it is a group of
>bytes... Do you remember wich ones?

>Best regards.
>Riccardo Bartolini
>Loc. Valle di Lazzaro 226
>57037 Portoferraio

I think its CTRL-Z.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EOF

Quote:

> Maybe this is out of topic here... but maybe it's out of topic everywere :-)
> I want to truncate a sequential file in a desidered position file without
> rewriting it in a new file and deleting the origin. I think that would be
> possible be inserting an EOF... but what's EOF? I recall it is a group of
> bytes... Do you remember wich ones?

Well, personally, I'd use the SetEndOfFile API.

   "It's the gaps between the rain that count,
     and learning how to live amongst them."
          -- Jeff Noon, _Pixel Juice_
Matt Gibson                          http://www.netgates.co.uk/mbmg001/

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EOF

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 EOF
I'll use SetEndOfFile.  Ctrl-Z doesn't work and anyway I've learned the
leght of the file would stay the same even if terminated by EOF at its top.

Best regards

Riccardo Bartolini
Loc. Valle di Lazzaro 226
57037 Portoferraio

Rik Bartolini ha scritto nel messaggio

Quote:

>Maybe this is out of topic here... but maybe it's out of topic everywere
:-)
>I want to truncate a sequential file in a desidered position file without
>rewriting it in a new file and deleting the origin. I think that would be
>possible be inserting an EOF... but what's EOF? I recall it is a group of
>bytes... Do you remember wich ones?

>Best regards.
>Riccardo Bartolini
>Loc. Valle di Lazzaro 226
>57037 Portoferraio

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 EOF

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 EOF
I think EOF is the same as Ctrl-Z which is 26 decimal or 1A Hex.

Quote:

>Maybe this is out of topic here... but maybe it's out of topic everywere
:-)
>I want to truncate a sequential file in a desidered position file without
>rewriting it in a new file and deleting the origin. I think that would be
>possible be inserting an EOF... but what's EOF? I recall it is a group of
>bytes... Do you remember wich ones?

>Best regards.
>Riccardo Bartolini
>Loc. Valle di Lazzaro 226