Help How to unload application
Author Message
 Help How to unload application

I have a program that uses an API to call up TAPI32.dll, for phone dialing.
The dll loads Dialer.exe but on exiting the program the app Dialer.exe
remains loaded.

My question is this, is there anyway to shut a Windows app from a VB 4.0 32
bit app. If so how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--

Joe Cilinceon
Homestead, FL

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help How to unload application

If you use the:

        ProcessID& = Shell("c:\Win95\notepad.exe", 1)
        ProcessHandle& = OpenProcess(SYNCHRONIZE, True, ProcessID&)

to spawn the application , the following way is a way to shut down that
process.

        success& = TerminateProcess(ProcessHandle&, 0&)
        success& = CloseHandle(ProcessHandle&)

I'm sure it is something similar to what you do.  Otherwise you could find
the handle of the dialer program and then pass that to the preceeing
statement.

Don't know if it's useful but that's how I would approch it...

Jeff Halvorson
JMH Computer Services, Inc.

Quote:
> I have a program that uses an API to call up TAPI32.dll, for phone
dialing.
> The dll loads Dialer.exe but on exiting the program the app Dialer.exe
> remains loaded.

> My question is this, is there anyway to shut a Windows app from a VB 4.0
32
> bit app. If so how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> --

> Joe Cilinceon
> Homestead, FL

Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help file Unloading when application exits

2. Application Unload Equivalent

3. Unloading web application instance w/o trashing aspnet_wp process

4. Problems unloading application

5. Unload application if already running

6. Req: Unload application if already running

7. WSH for Unloading IIS Application / Register DLL Remotely

8. completely unload application from memory

9. Unload application from memory

10. Unloading form causes application to minimize

11. Prohibiting an application from being unloaded

12. Prevent Application From unload